Casimir

01/02/2020 10:30 EST Detroit Pistons at Los Angeles Clippers

11 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Nobody wanted him this summer.

You act as if teams' plans or decision making can't change. Teams have changed their lineups, rotations, been impacted by injuries and have a clearer picture of where things stand with their potential. And Rose has made it clear that last season was not a fluke - the guy is looking dynamic on offense with how he attacks the paint and finishes.

There are teams like LAL who are likely looking for small upgrades on their bench to help push them further into championship contention. You're telling me Lebron (a guy who has praised Rose as a "superhero" several times) wouldn't want the team to trade a draft pick for him?

6 hours ago, Buddha said:

good to see sekou get some real run.  of course, they out him right on kawhi and let him get worked.

And he might get Lebron in a few days...

The extra year on Rose's contract makes it a little harder to move him. I could see some teams having interest but it'll be a very low return. Galloway as an expiring will have more value I'd think.

i'd be very surprised if the pistons get more than a late second round pick for galloway.

same for rose.  maybe a pick and a player for rose.

if drummond decides to opt in, they might be able to snag a first round pick for him plus something else.

blake is untradeable.

Who cares if someone gives you a pick in the 55-60 range for Rose?  That does zero to help this organization.  It's like the junk yard paying you $100 for your car to scrap it.

Galloway is tricky.  His play probably warrants a 1st round pick, since it will be in the 20-30 range.  The problem is every legit contender has traded away all of the future draft picks that they can.  Just from a quick look, LAC, LAL, MIL, HOU, MIA, all have traded so many future picks that they can no longer trade any.  

It really limits his trade value.

7 hours ago, Buddha said:

good to see sekou get some real run.  of course, they out him right on kawhi and let him get worked.

I don't have a problem with it.  Let him get some playing time against the best and see what it can be like.  He has that bit of experience, and he can go back to the G and get regular playing time once the Pistons have enough healthy bodies.

I wouldn't want to run him out there every day in Detroit right now.  Or even worse, just have him sitting on the bench in Detroit rather than playing every day in Grand Rapids.

3 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I don't have a problem with it.  Let him get some playing time against the best and see what it can be like.  He has that bit of experience, and he can go back to the G and get regular playing time once the Pistons have enough healthy bodies.

I wouldn't want to run him out there every day in Detroit right now.  Or even worse, just have him sitting on the bench in Detroit rather than playing every day in Grand Rapids.

i dont have a problem with it either.  

throw him right into the deep end.

35 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Who cares if someone gives you a pick in the 55-60 range for Rose?  That does zero to help this organization.  It's like the junk yard paying you $100 for your car to scrap it.

It really limits his trade value.

It helps this organization if you want them to tank, want them to have easily movable assets and want them to focus on the development of young talent.

12 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Then nobody will want him.  He has another year guaranteed next year.

Cost really isn't relevant since he signed for less than the MLE.  Any team in the league could have signed him.

Ouch.

I thought we got him on a 1-year.... I guess not.

14 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Wait...a month or two? The trade deadline is Feb 6th.

Guess it shouldn't surprise me, Gores has been late on every move we needed to make in this decade, starting with the removal of Joe. That's why we're still paying Josh Smith 5 Million to play NBA2K on his couch.