Casimir

01/02/2020 10:30 EST Detroit Pistons at Los Angeles Clippers

15 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I doubt they can move Rose.

He actually had a slightly better year last year, and nobody wanted him this summer.  He is in Detroit for a reason.  He is just too much of an unknown.  Strictly speaking on talent, a lot of teams would want Rose.  But teams contending for a title can't take a risk on a guy like that.  A guy that can only play limited minutes and needs nights off now and then is too big a risk.

I would disagree in the sense that he is on a fairly cheap short-term deal, is a great locker room guy from everything you hear, has been in big playoff games and played on the biggest stages and can provide good depth for a team that could deal a guy who is not in their rotation + a future draft pick. 

His major issue is the minutes restriction and health. But if you can afford to give him some rest days and not overwork him in the playoffs, he is a very good backup PG. 

15 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Gotta love Tacko Fall being number 6.

He's actually 12th.  He's just so tall he ends up at 6.

18 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Gotta love Tacko Fall being number 6.

Almost feel bad for how much people make him out to be a freak show. 

Teams will wear a black band on their uniform for the rest of the season to honor Stern.

Easy to see why Denver was willing to draft Porter Jr. and let him sit a year.  Kid has a nice game and is playing well lately.  He has 23 points on 10-11 shooting and 8 minutes left in the 4th.

7 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

I would disagree in the sense that he is on a fairly cheap short-term deal, is a great locker room guy from everything you hear, has been in big playoff games and played on the biggest stages and can provide good depth for a team that could deal a guy who is not in their rotation + a future draft pick. 

His major issue is the minutes restriction and health. But if you can afford to give him some rest days and not overwork him in the playoffs, he is a very good backup PG. 

I think there will be a market for Rose.

I believe in the playoffs having a guy who can get hot at any moment is an advantage. Someone will want Rose coming off the bench. Not certain what the price for that is...

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Nobody wanted him this summer.

Commitment for a full year is different than grabbing a discounted playoff asset.

All depends on cost...

32 minutes ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Commitment for a full year is different than grabbing a discounted playoff asset.

All depends on cost...

Then nobody will want him.  He has another year guaranteed next year.

Cost really isn't relevant since he signed for less than the MLE.  Any team in the league could have signed him.

Pistons played fairly well but pissed it away at the end of the half.

Andre standing there at the three point line, dribbling the ball off his foot out of bounds, brilliant.

• Thanks 1

First Pistons game I've tuned into since November because I saw that Sekou was getting minutes in the box score and what the heck are these jerseys? It looks like something a Euro club soccer team should be wearing. 

3 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I really dont know how to fix this mess

Blow it up if at all possible and get rid of the soccer jerseys. It's the only path to future success.

7 minutes ago, NYLion said:

First Pistons game I've tuned into since November because I saw that Sekou was getting minutes in the box score and what the heck are these jerseys? It looks like something a Euro club soccer team should be wearing. 

They only wear then when they get blown out. They wear them a lot.

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I dont dislike the jerseys tonight 

And here I thought we could be friends.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

that must be why i like them...

good to see sekou get some real run.  of course, they out him right on kawhi and let him get worked.

rose would be a nice piece off the bench for a contender.  someone to come in on the second unit and go get buckets.

rose is great at getting shots for drose....and nobody else.  and terrible on defense.

but he can still get to the basket.