Motor City Sonics

2020 Offseason (all the way up to the Draft)

the lions are really trying to test the theory that the pats success really is all brady and belichick.  were going to import their whole team and win 6 games.

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

You seem to be assuming they are lazy because they are signing ex-Patriot players. You have to be basing that on there being better players from other teams they passed on for Patriot players.

correct.

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

You seem to be assuming they are lazy because they are signing ex-Patriot players. 

Not at all. It could as easily just be incompetence.

7 minutes ago, Buddha said:

the lions are really trying to test the theory that the pats success really is all brady and belichick.  were going to import their whole team and win 6 games.

Quintricia’s attempt to rebuild the Patriot way with the Lions reminds me of the Kit cars that were popular in the 70’s and early 80’s.   Exotic looking sports car body but a VW Bug engine inside.   

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Not at all. It could as easily just be incompetence.

So who are the better players? You seem be of the opinion that the moves are either lazy or incompetent because they are former Patriot players, so who are the non-Patriot players they should have signed instead?

Plus we don't know who they passed on, maybe it's just easier for us to sign ex Patriots cause of the prior connections with Quinntricia and Belichick possibly putting in a good word for us to the  players  It takes two to tango and perhaps other guys weren't willing to give the Lions a chance unlike Pats players cause of the aforementioned reasons.

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

So who are the better players? You seem be of the opinion that the moves are either lazy or incompetent because they are former Patriot players, so who are the non-Patriot players they should have signed instead?

asked and answered. I'll stand with the math.

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

maybe it's just easier for us to sign ex Patriots cause of the prior connections with Quinntricia 

again, what does this say about their competence? They can't present a compelling case to any player they don't have an existing relationship with? Where does that put the franchise when all the players they use to know are retired?

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

Plus we don't know who they passed on, maybe it's just easier for us to sign ex Patriots cause of the prior connections with Quinntricia and Belichick possibly putting in a good word for them.  It takes two to tango and perhaps other guys weren't willing to give the Lions a chance unlike Pats players cause of the aforementioned reasons.

Or this is what every team does? Remember when Schwartz was the head coach and we had that run on former Titans like Vanden Boesch and Tulloch? I bet if I go to a lot of teams, you'll find a lot of connections to the coach or GM's former team.

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

asked and answered. I'll stand with the math.

Well no you didn't. You just said they were incompetent and lazy because they signed former Patriots. That implies there were better players unless you are suggesting they sign lesser players who are not former Patriots?

Foles is going to the Bears for a 4th round comp pick. 

21 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Or this is what every team does? Remember when Schwartz was the head coach and we had that run on former Titans like Vanden Boesch and Tulloch? I bet if I go to a lot of teams, you'll find a lot of connections to the coach or GM's former team.

C'mon MB, you can't use the Lions as a counter example of winning management!

Tell you what, they make the playoffs next season (assuming there is one...!) I'll gladly take it all back. But neither Quinn nor Patricia have inspired any confidence in me.

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

C'mon MB, you can't use the Lions as a counter example of winning management!

Tell you what, they make the playoffs next season (assuming there is one...!) I'll gladly take it all back. But neither Quinn nor Patricia have inspired any confidence in me.

Well, the Bears just did it. They passed on better QBs such as Cam Newton, Philip Rivers, Tom Brady, Marcus Mariota and Andy Dalton to bring in one of the head coach's former Eagle's player.

47 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Well, the Bears just did it. They passed on better QBs such as Cam Newton, Philip Rivers, Tom Brady, Marcus Mariota and Andy Dalton to bring in one of the head coach's former Eagle's player.

Reminds me of Braves back in the day. Once they inquired about a pitcher, you'd have better asked yourself why you thought you want to move him, and if they offered you a pitcher, you'd be advised to ask for something else...:smoker:

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Who are the better non-Patriot players they passed on this off-season?

are you really asking who are better players than jamie collins and danny shelton?

before i answer that question, do YOU think those two are the best linebacker and defensive tackle on the market?

i think this will be the year where the results will matter.  so far quinn has taken a bad 9-7 team amd turned them into a bad 3-11-1 team.  all in the space of four years.

by my count, quinn has developed one difference making player in four drafts: kenny golladay.  maybe you put decker in there based on the end of last season.

to me thats pretty damning.  

patricia has gone 6-10 and 3-11-1.  if they are under .500 again this year, maybe some people will finally admit that it isnt working.

hopefully they win 12 games and a super bowl and we can all be happy.  even tater.

9 minutes ago, Buddha said:

are you really asking who are better players than jamie collins and danny shelton?

before i answer that question, do YOU think those two are the best linebacker and defensive tackle on the market?

Yes I am asking. Not sure who is available. 

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Jacksonville is paying huge salary cap dollars to QBs no longer on their roster. But they have 12 draft picks!! I wonder if they wanna move up to #3?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28921687/sources-jaguars-trading-qb-nick-foles-bears-pick?platform=amp

The Chargers aren’t starting the year with Tyrod Taylor.  They look set to draft a QB and start him.  It seems like a no brainer for both the Lions and Chargers to swap picks.  

I hope Quinn can convince the Patriots to get involved as the 3rd team so this deal can happen.  ? 

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

Quintricia’s attempt to rebuild the Patriot way with the Lions reminds me of the Kit cars that were popular in the 70’s and early 80’s.   Exotic looking sports car body but a VW Bug engine inside.   

Wow. Yeah, I remember those. I think there was a Rolls Royce one. Lol...good times.

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Yes I am asking. Not sure who is available. 

andrew billings

dj reader

leonard williams

javon hargraves

kyle van noy (ex pat approved)

corey littleton

not to mention the cornerbacks we havent signed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

andrew billings

dj reader

leonard williams

javon hargraves

kyle van noy (ex pat approved)

corey littleton

not to mention the cornerbacks we havent signed.

I thought it was obvious, but I didn't mean franchised players. You know, players the Lions had a shot at signing. I also thought it was obvious no Patriot players since I asked, you know, what non Patriots. 

Reader and Hargreaves signed for 52 and 39 million, not 8. Williams is franchised and Van Noy is a Patriot. Littleton is an inside linebacker. You could make the case of cutting Davis and signing Littleton and keeping Kennard.