Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

12/30/2019 9:00 EST Detroit Pistons at Utah Jazz

12/30/2019 9:00 EST from Salt Lake City, Utah...

DET-2020.png  UTA-2020.png

Detroit Pistons (12-21) at Utah Jazz (20-12)

Fairly well known I don't have a ton of respect for DBB.  But I am going to post this anyway.  Not real sure how someone can seriously  mention Blake Griffin trades right now.  He is clearly hurt and I can't see anyone making a play for him.  But here we go.

NBA Trade Deadline: Pistons have plenty of potential trade partners

23 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Fairly well known I don't have a ton of respect for DBB.  But I am going to post this anyway.  Not real sure how someone can seriously  mention Blake Griffin trades right now.  He is clearly hurt and I can't see anyone making a play for him.  But here we go.

steve hinson wrote that and he's the one guy there you might like.  he's been on the trade andre train for a while now.  most of the others seem to think andre is a defensive force and rebounding god.

there is maybe one or two trades in there that might be plausible.  blake is untradeable right now.

15 hours ago, Deleterious said:

90% of the trades are very wishful thinking. I don't know how anybody thinks that Blake has any positive value whatsoever. At this point, the Pistons would have to attach the 1st just to rid of the contract.

This proposal made me laugh... Drummond for Turner, Lamb, and Johnson. Really? I doubt that Indiana would trade Turner straight up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

90% of the trades are very wishful thinking. I don't know how anybody thinks that Blake has any positive value whatsoever. At this point, the Pistons would have to attach the 1st just to rid of the contract.

This proposal made me laugh... Drummond for Turner, Lamb, and Johnson. Really? I doubt that Indiana would trade Turner straight up.

Yep.  That was one of the worst scenarios he listed IMO.

I agree Indiana needs to move one of their bigs.  But I'm supposed to believe they are moving one of them for another big in Drummond?  Stop it.  Or is he suggesting they get out of Turner's deal and let Drummond walk for free?  Stop it again.  Turner is a very attractive player and teams would line up for him.  Indiana can easily build depth at other positions when/if they decide to move him.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Yep.  That was one of the worst scenarios he listed IMO.

I agree Indiana needs to move one of their bigs.  But I'm supposed to believe they are moving one of them for another big in Drummond?  Stop it.  Or is he suggesting they get out of Turner's deal and let Drummond walk for free?  Stop it again.  Turner is a very attractive player and teams would line up for him.  Indiana can easily build depth at other positions when/if they decide to move him.

I just went through the proposals to make sure I wasn't going crazy but all the Blake and Andre proposals are HEAVILY slanted towards the Pistons. Stuff like Hachimura+ for Griffin, Reddish+cap dump for Drummond and the Indiana one are just so far fetched that you can't even see the fetch anymore. One of the more realistic ones I saw was Drummond for Batum+protected 1st but I can't imagine that makes much sense for a rebuilding Charlotte. 

A couple of teams I'd target for Blake or Andre are Portland and Miami. Miami for Blake because Riley loves star hunting and Blake would fill a need for them. Drummond to Portland because the Blazers badly need a big to fill the Nurkic void and they need to do something to right that sinking ship with a lot of pressure on them to win now. I don't know what the Heat and Blazers salary structure is but those seem like the few destinations that might make sense. Maybe Blake back to Oklahoma? I don't know.

From and interview with Jared Dudley.

https://theathletic.com/1495387/2019/12/30/a-candid-conversation-with-nba-veteran-jared-dudley-who-will-talk-about-absolutely-anything/

Who’s your least favorite teammate ever?

Least favorite teammate. Wow. I don’t get along with Blake Griffin now. When I was with him I didn’t have a bad relationship with him. That team was the most toxic team. It was weird because it was a bipolar type team. We were somewhat cool off the floor; we weren’t cool on the floor.

I just don’t like his personality and attitude. I think he’s a great basketball player and I think you can differentiate the two. It’s easy to be the greatest teammate when you’re winning. How about when you’re losing? How about when you’re down 20? And that’s the biggest thing with that team. It was the biggest front-running team. You’re up 20, everything’s good, throwing lobs. Down 20, people want to fight, bickering. I don’t want to say my least favorite … That’s a teammate right now that I don’t talk (to), don’t get along (with), words aren’t exchanged on the court, yada yada.

3 hours ago, NYLion said:

I just went through the proposals to make sure I wasn't going crazy but all the Blake and Andre proposals are HEAVILY slanted towards the Pistons. Stuff like Hachimura+ for Griffin, Reddish+cap dump for Drummond and the Indiana one are just so far fetched that you can't even see the fetch anymore. One of the more realistic ones I saw was Drummond for Batum+protected 1st but I can't imagine that makes much sense for a rebuilding Charlotte. 

A couple of teams I'd target for Blake or Andre are Portland and Miami. Miami for Blake because Riley loves star hunting and Blake would fill a need for them. Drummond to Portland because the Blazers badly need a big to fill the Nurkic void and they need to do something to right that sinking ship with a lot of pressure on them to win now. I don't know what the Heat and Blazers salary structure is but those seem like the few destinations that might make sense. Maybe Blake back to Oklahoma? I don't know.

blake is untradeable.  nobody with any eyes on giannis in 2021 is going to trade for blake (or andre) and the heat are very much in the giannis sweepstakes.

andre to portland is possible but you'd have to take whiteside back.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Portland would be better off just keeping Whiteside.  

andre is a better player, imo.  but why would we want whiteside?  andre can opt out, youre stuck with whiteside and his gigantic contract for another two years.

andre can be traded, blake cannot.

54 minutes ago, Buddha said:

andre is a better player, imo.  but why would we want whiteside?  andre can opt out, youre stuck with whiteside and his gigantic contract for another two years.

andre can be traded, blake cannot.

I agree Andre is a better player.  But not sure the talent gap is huge.  I guess it would depend on what other assets Portland had to give up.  A 1 for 1 swap they should do it, obviously.

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

I agree Andre is a better player.  But not sure the talent gap is huge.  I guess it would depend on what other assets Portland had to give up.  A 1 for 1 swap they should do it, obviously.

In 2018-2019 Andre had 10 win shares.  That was better than:

Steph Curry, Kwahi Leonard, Anthony Davis, Pascal Siakim and Joel Embiid.

That tells me a lot about how valuable win shares is as a stat.

7 minutes ago, Buddha said:

In 2018-2019 Andre had 10 win shares.  That was better than:

Steph Curry, Kwahi Leonard, Anthony Davis, Pascal Siakim and Joel Embiid.

That tells me a lot about how valuable win shares is as a stat.

Well yeah, he also had the most minutes played out of that group.  That is the problem with WS, the more you play the more win shares you accumulate.  WS/48 fixes that somewhat.  If you look at that he is last in that group.

4 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Well yeah, he also had the most minutes played out of that group.  That is the problem with WS, the more you play the more win shares you accumulate.  WS/48 fixes that somewhat.  If you look at that he is last in that group.

Still better than Siakam, Horford, LeBron, Jimmy Butler, and...

Blake Griffin.  Much better than Griffin.  Griffin ranking just above DJ Augustine.

My point being that win shares is a joke of a stat in basketball.  

I will use it like I use all stats: when it supports my preconceived notion!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Buddha said:

My point being that win shares is a joke of a stat in basketball.  

I will use it like I use all stats: when it supports my preconceived notion!

Same.

The twitter war between the Andre is the best and Andre is the worst is brutal.  It's like Shiloh out there!

Who helps you more as a franchise:  Reggie Jackson for $18 million per year or DJ Augustin for $7 million per year?

At least they were in it for a half.  Tough to watch it, but at least they were in it.

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

why is that?

lack of coaching adjustments?  or the other team's talent simply kicking in and finishing when they need to finish?  or both?