Sign in to follow this  
Motor City Sonics

Game 16: Packers @ Lions: The Draft Pick Bowl

The Packers have plenty to play for. They are currently in a three way tie with New Orleans and San Francisco and currently hold the second seed. A first round bye is on the line. San Francisco also plays Seattle so the one seed is definitely within reach as well. Aaron Rodgers will start and probably put this game away by halftime. Frankly, I'm probably watching the Washington game. Not only do I want to see Washington win, I would also enjoy Dallas losing.

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Wow,  horrible news................Marvin Jones' 6 year old son has died.      

I think he was 6 months not 6 years (born earlier this year). Terrible. 

It's all just hypothetical since we know the Lions are going to lose but if for some reason they do pull off the miracle and win I wouldn't be upset as I otherwise would be about them hurting their draft stock just cause I hate GB so much.   With a GB win and SF loss the Packers get home field throughout the playoffs and I really do not want to see that.  The thought of the Packers going to the Super Bowl makes me sick so if the Lions can beat them and not only cost them home field but also a bye I wouldn't be all that upset even if it means us potentially picking a spot or 2 lower.   

I haven't really watched, so I may be wrong. But it seems Chase Young has been absent stats wise in his past 3 games. All big games. 

The worst the Lions can do is the 5th pick. I don't want a team that rolls over just for 2 or 3 draft positions. Ultimately, I would want to see the team play hard and competitive and lose. 

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The worst the Lions can do is the 5th pick. I don't want a team that rolls over just for 2 or 3 draft positions. Ultimately, I would want to see the team play hard and competitive and lose. 

It is what it is. Losing on purpose totally destroys the integrity of the game. Almost as much as the officials.

Just now, Sports_Freak said:

I still think the Pack will win.

There better be several hands to the face calls against the Lions in the second half. 

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

There better be several hands to the face calls against the Lions in the second half. 

If there are bad calls made, I'm sure the Packers would get the benefit from them. Aaron Rodgers is a media darling.

I never wanted them to lose on purpose.   I wanted them to play the same way they’ve been playing the last 9 weeks.  

Good thing for us halftime coaching adjustments are coming and we know how well this staff fares with those.   

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

FYI the Dolphins are hanging tough with the Patriots, currently tied 10-10 at the half.  

What's the scenario? Lions, Miami and Redskins have to lose for the Lions to get the 2nd pick?

Edit; Terry Bradshaw is unwatchable.

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

What's the scenario? Lions, Miami and Redskins have to lose for the Lions to get the 2nd pick?

Edit; Terry Bradshaw is unwatchable.

Lions just need to lose and Washington needs to win. If the Lions win and Miami loses, that drops the Lions.