Sign in to follow this  
Motor City Sonics

Lions @ Broncos

Cincinnati has to take Burrow. Especially being an Ohio kid. No way they can pass on him. Unless they plan on tanking away 2020 for Lawrence or Fields. 

Washington will lose next week and get Chase Young. 

I bet the Lions take Okudah at 3. 

6 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Cincinnati has to take Burrow. Especially being an Ohio kid. No way they can pass on him. Unless they plan on tanking away 2020 for Lawrence or Fields. 

or a left tackle.

14 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

The Lions might end up with the #3 pick, but I do not want to see them pick at #3. 

Who wants Tua?

38 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

The tie doesn’t matter. Even if we would’ve lost to Arizona and we both finished 3-13, Washington would get the higher pick because their schedule was easier.

I thought it was based on head-to-head................when it came down to 2 teams in a tiebreak. 

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I thought it was based on head-to-head................when it came down to 2 teams in a tiebreak. 

The head to head would be the tie breaker for playoffs. For the draft, it's strength of schedule. 

24 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

The Lions might end up with the #3 pick, but I do not want to see them pick at #3. 

Who wants Tua?

Miami - ABSOLUTELY  - They need  a star

LA Chargers - ABSOLUTELY - Phil is old, a good spot - Tua could take time to learn and heal. 

Denver - ABSOLUTELY - They always seem to need a QB

Jacksonville - VERY LIKELY - The Foles thing didn't work

Pittsburgh - VERY LIKELY - Ben is old and beat up (and he's a rapist) - they need a QB soon

New England - POSSIBLY - Brady is at the end and he's in denial 

New Orleans - POSSIBLY  - If NOLA wins the Super Bowl Brees is done.  If not, one more year

Carolina - POSSIBLY - Cam is breaking down quickly

For Miami it's the instant face of the franchise and they'd be willing to trade a lot for him.   

The best spots for Tua would be the LA Chargers, Pittsburgh or New Orleans - a place where he could take a year to grow like Mahomes did in KC.  

New England would be a tough gig because he'd have to follow up such a legend and I have a feeling that Belichick might hang it up as a coach as soon as Brady walks away. 

Carolina is hard to call because Cam is not old, but I dont know how much mileage he has left.  

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

#3 Pick as of right now, because of the Arizona tie.  If they'd lost that game, they'd hold the draft tiebreaker over #2 Washington. 

Any good Tight Ends or Long Snappers available this draft? 

Sam Martin is going to be a free agent so I'm sure they'll be looking for an injured punter in the top 10. /s/

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The head to head would be the tie breaker for playoffs. For the draft, it's strength of schedule. 

Fine,  then Washington can certainly beat Dallas, who seem to have quit while we hopefully lose to Green Bay (GO VIKINGS)

Just now, Sports_Freak said:

Sam Martin is going to be a free agent so I'm sure they'll be looking for an injured punter in the top 10. /s/

Yeah because that's what the Lions have done in the past. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

I would entertain trading up with Washington for the #2 pick. 

What good is drafting Chase Young if you are only going to rush 3 all the time?   Easy to double team him.  By the time next year comes Snacks will be counting his paycheck money Flowers will be neutralized.    

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

Yeah because that's what the Lions have done in the past. 

well drafting 3 Tight Ends in the first round over the last 15 years isn't exactly inspiring confidence.  

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

What good is drafting Chase Young if you are only going to rush 3 all the time?   Easy to double team him.  By the time next year comes Snacks will be counting his paycheck money Flowers will be neutralized.    

Chase Young will outlast Quinn and Patricia. They aren't going to rush 3 for ever. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

well drafting 3 Tight Ends in the first round over the last 15 years isn't exactly inspiring confidence.  

How many injured punters have they drafted in the top 10?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Chase Young will outlast Quinn and Patricia. They aren't going to rush 3 for ever. 

Do you think Quinntricia cares about what happens after their gone?       

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Any talent we've had in the last 60 years was wasted. You can't change history. Total losers...what does it matter who we get or where we pick. Patricia will be fired next year anyway.

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

How many injured punters have they drafted in the top 10?

It was a freakin' joke. Just like this entire Lions organization and history. We get it, you'll defend them, or try. Good luck with that.

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

It was a freakin' joke. Just like this entire Lions organization and history. We get it, you'll defend them, or try. Good luck with that.

We get it. You'll just ***** and moan. Last time they drafted #2 they drafted Suh. Before that they drafted Calvin Johnson. The team hasn't been too bad drafting this high recently. 

11 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Fine,  then Washington can certainly beat Dallas, who seem to have quit while we hopefully lose to Green Bay (GO VIKINGS)

Not out of the question that Dallas could lose. They don’t look consistent at all  

But with Miami already probably drafting in the top five, and Herbert also in the running at QB, I don’t feel confident they would jump up to trade with Detroit at 3. 

Maybe Jacksonville. 

13 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Not out of the question that Dallas could lose. They don’t look consistent at all  

But with Miami already probably drafting in the top five, and Herbert also in the running at QB, I don’t feel confident they would jump up to trade with Detroit at 3. 

Maybe Jacksonville. 

chargers too.  would you take two mid firsts and some thirds from oakland?

14 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Maybe Jacksonville. 

If the Lions have a top 5 pick, they should get some much needed talent. The secret is finding talent in the later rounds.

41 minutes ago, Buddha said:

In 2018, the Colts traded the #3 pick to the Jets for #6, #37, #49 and the following years 2nd which was #34.    So, no I wouldn’t do that Oakland deal. 

20 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

In 2018, the Colts traded the #3 pick to the Jets for #6, #37, #49 and the following years 2nd which was #34.    So, no I wouldn’t do that Oakland deal. 

14, 18, a third this year and next year's second equals that deal.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

I suspect the Chargers are still in win now mode. Their record is terrible, but their point differential is +2. 

Oakland might be a wild card, but Carr hasn’t played that badly. 

Still, all you need is one GM who thinks Tua is the next Mahomes.

But... What if that GM is Bob Quinn?