Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

12/23/2019 7:00 EST Philadelphia 76ers at Detroit Pistons

12/23/2019 7:00 EST from Detroit, Michigan...

PHI-2020.png  DET-2020.png

Philadelphia 76ers (21-10) at Detroit Pistons (11-19)

image.png.e74630c8591b4e7bbd310c14472c2c0d.png

4 down.  7 more losses to it?  Maybe a full dozen if they lose in Cleveland?

Maybe they beat Washington.  Maybe they steal another game somewhere else.  But is there a game on there that anyone thinks is in the bag as a W?

Everybody ready for Andre’s daddy to bully him some more? Can’t wait for all the Drummond post ups and dribble drives trying to score on Embiid. 

Mr. Inefficient will be extra inefficient tomorrow night. 

16 hours ago, Buddha said:

golden state.

There is no W that's in "the bag" with this team. This is a team that lost to the Hawks, Wizards twice and Bulls twice.

I don't want to get too "excited" yet but this might finally be the year they get this tanking thing right. Ehhhh, probably not.

51 minutes ago, NYLion said:

There is no W that's in "the bag" with this team. This is a team that lost to the Hawks, Wizards twice and Bulls twice.

I don't want to get too "excited" yet but this might finally be the year they get this tanking thing right. Ehhhh, probably not.

i agree.  but i think they'll beat golden state.

17 minutes ago, Buddha said:

they will win just enough games to get a crappy pick.  like they usually do.

This might be one of the years when they don't. This team is far worse than the last 2 years.

Trading Rose to a contender will be key for a couple of reasons, get value for him before he gets injured (and hurry) and it will be fuel the tank since he's the only player who has had a pulse this season. Dump Galloway too. Trading Drummond as well would be asking too much, don't want to do too many sensible things at once or Gores head might explode.

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

Siakam is noted for his work ethic and it's a key to his huge improvement - something that's often overlooked when people talk "talent". Some guys have that drive while others simply don't. Can you imagine Dre with Ben Wallace's work ethic?  What about Sheed with Duncan's work ethic - clearly he had all the talent and maybe more than Timmy.

I can see that drive in Bruce and in that respect he's like Siakam. He's already an excellent defender and he's improved his three point shooting by 8% as well as his ability to handle the ball in just his second year.  Now imagine he improves that significantly again next year and winds up shooting just a few percentage points higher from three (37%).

I'm not saying that'll get him Most Improved Player next year or anything, but the kid's got heart and has shown improvement. I'm willing to have some hope in him continuing to improve his shooting since he's already shown progress. Any team in the league would love a guy with his defensive skills that can knock down open threes.

• Thanks 1

Not hating on Brown but mentioning him and Siakam in the same breath regardless of context seems far fetched to me. Siakam is an extreme exception to come out of nowhere like he did, going from a development guy to an elite player in the span of 2 years.

Siakam has natural physical gifts that Brown just doesn't have. It's not just work ethic that elevated Siakam to the next stratosphere, it was a lot of natural gifts that needed to be harnessed which he did through hard work.  

With that said, Brown is a good player to have going forward if nothing else then for his defense and character. I don't see the offensive potential that some others do even if he gets the most out of his ability.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Casey hitting the eggnog hard.  

You try staying sober while working with this roster day in and day out.

Players get load management.  Can coaches get mental management?

• Like 1

I like what Brown has become so far (considering where he was drafter) and hope he can keep improving.

45 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Near the end of the 3rd quarter and Blake is shooting 8% from the floor.  1-12 from the floor.

Ends the game at 14%.