Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

12/20/2019 7:30 EST Detroit Pistons at Boston Celtics

12/20/2019 7:30 EST Detroit Pistons at Boston Celtics

DET-2020.png  BOS-2020.png

Detroit Pistons (11-17) at Boston Celtics (18-7)

It's a kick in the nuts because there's little hope. No stockpile of draft picks, no apparent plans to trade the "core" to rebuild this thing, and an owner who wants that 8th seed more than anything else in the world. The whole organization is a joke and it's fooled itself into thinking somehow this group can be relevant when all evidence points to the contrary. 

If/when someone wakes up and starts shaking things up, they may lose even more games, but at least it'll make sense and we can find some happiness in the fact that we're on a path to rebuild.

Be thankful we dodged the Mike Conley bullet.

He is shooting 36% from the field, scoring 13 points a game and dishing 4 assists per game.  All while making $32M this year.

He would have fit in with this team one way.  He has missed about 15 games due to injury.  

I'm officially checked out for the season. And it isn't even Christmas. Please let someone wake up in this organization and realize it's time to blow it up.

20 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

That would have been epic.

If it went down that literally may be the best in game NBA dunk ever.   I'd say in game dunk period but I think Vince's one in the Olympics may still be more impressive.  

edit: after further review and seeing how far he took off from I think I may even put that ahead of Carter's. 

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I totally underrated how much better Kemba would fit with the Celtics than Kyrie.   

Could probably substitute Kemba for anyone.

Kyrie Irving's injury, Spencer Dinwiddie's dominance and the biggest Brooklyn Nets questions

The biggest difference seen during Irving's absence has been Brooklyn's ball movement. With Irving watching from the bench, the ball just isn't sticking as much.

Per Second Spectrum tracking, the Nets made 252.0 passes per 100 possessions in the 11 games Irving played before his injury. That number has jumped to 284.8 since, as have total assists (21.3 to 24.6) and potential assists (38.6 to 45.2). The Nets were 24th leaguewide in assists per 100 possessions before Irving got hurt; they are 11th since.

23 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Ish Smith had 26 points tonight.   He shot 100%/100%/100% for a TS% of 120.

You can't make this up.

Tonight he shot 0/7 from the field.  0/2 from 3.  0/2 from the FT line.