Casimir

12/14/2019 9:00 EST Detroit Pistons at Houston Rockets

12/14/2019 9:00 EST from Houston, Texas...

DET-2020.png  HOU-2020.png

Detroit Pistons (10-15) at Houston Rockets (16-8)

Pistons trade primer: Who has the most value? Who is most likely to be dealt?

Aside from Galloway’s production this season, he also has an expiring contract, which is valuable. According to one league source, there is a top team in the Eastern Conference that is potentially interested in Galloway’s services. If the Pistons remain in the playoff hunt and remain adamant on chasing one of the final seeds, Galloway seems unlikely to go anywhere before the deadline — though a late first-round pick might be too enticing. However, if the Pistons pivot, Galloway could still be traded for an asset.

Anyone interested in Dre? Have to get something for him before the deadline. I'll take a late first rounder. But, I'm willing to settle right now for two fiddy and a jawbreaker, or a dollar and some envelopes.

a first round pick for langston galloway?????  omg.  if that deal was on the table and they turned it down...

1 hour ago, Betrayer said:

Anyone interested in Dre? Have to get something for him before the deadline. I'll take a late first rounder. But, I'm willing to settle right now for two fiddy and a jawbreaker, or a dollar and some envelopes.

I don't remember too many players as strange as Drummond. It's like each year he teases with real improvements in his game, but they are always too little and too inconsistent to ever turn him into a dominant player - at least at any rate before he is 40 and no longer physically capable.

6 hours ago, Buddha said:

a first round pick for langston galloway?????  omg.  if that deal was on the table and they turned it down...

It's complicated with Galloway.

Based on his play this year I do think he's worth a pick in the 20's.  But it's a contract year for him and his numbers this year are way above his career numbers.  So be wary.

Only teams contending this year should offer up that sort of pick for him.  He isn't worth it for any other team.

Luke Kennard looking like he is afraid of the big shot at times down the stretch.  

Harden just stops playing at times.  

With the improvement from Kennard and addition of Rose if we had the Blake from last year we might actually be a half way decent team, unfortunately he has done a complete 180 in the wrong direction.  

7 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

With the improvement from Kennard and addition of Rose if we had the Blake from last year we might actually be a half way decent team, unfortunately he has done a complete 180 in the wrong direction.  

I have a least come to terms that there is no chance of tanking this year.  Rose is playing too good that we will win our fair share of 4th quarter games.  I guess if he were to go down, then maybe we could get to a top 5 pick but that seems unlikely as we are almost a third of the way thru the season already.

At this point, you just have to hope Blake gets back to something respectable.  One think you can say is that even when he was playing really well last season, it didn't really matter because teams could pretty much disrupt our offense enough in the 4th quarter that we would still lose.  This year, if he were to play well, we have Rose for the 4th quarter.  

32 minutes ago, Hart said:

I have a least come to terms that there is no chance of tanking this year.  Rose is playing too good that we will win our fair share of 4th quarter games.  I guess if he were to go down, then maybe we could get to a top 5 pick but that seems unlikely as we are almost a third of the way thru the season already.

At this point, you just have to hope Blake gets back to something respectable.  One think you can say is that even when he was playing really well last season, it didn't really matter because teams could pretty much disrupt our offense enough in the 4th quarter that we would still lose.  This year, if he were to play well, we have Rose for the 4th quarter.  

rose will get hurt.  he makes blake look like an iron man.

9 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Is it possible to do a 180° in the right direction?

No Dre, no problem. Next man up will just get double digit rebounds, we’ll have less dumb turnovers, and more efficient shooters will take the shots.

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Is it possible to do a 180° in the right direction?

I think it would be possible for the Lions.....

On 12/14/2019 at 10:03 AM, Deleterious said:

Been saying this for a while now.

Expiring contract + Galloway averaging 12 PPG on a 45/43 split + him being a good locker room guy = teams will be interested.

He is easy to insert into your lineup and has good value off the bench. If the Pistons can snag a 1st round pick for him, I think they will do it. The fact that they traded Bullock in a similar situation last year tells me that the team is trying to make these kinds of moves on the margins to acquire younger talent. 

And the fact that Blake looks extremely unhealthy and might need to sit for a long while could lead to an unintentional tank. In that case, start unloading guys.

Even Tony Snell could have value at that point. He has 1 year left and has been great from behind the arc (shooting 46%). Teams desperate for wings could find use for him.