Is Blashill on the way out?

BLASHILL'S FUTURE  

5 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Will Jeff Blashill be fired?

• YES - Before the season ends
    • YES - But after the season
    • NO - Yzerman knows his talent is lacking

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2019 at 05:00 AM

11 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

12 game losing streak's don't happen too often............or is this part of the plan? 

I believe Yzerman knew he was taking over a bad team.

It is part of the plan. They have one of the worst teams in this decade.  It also damages the 'Wings Way' nonsense that Holland was peddling while signing over hill veterans to 'mentor' the young guys. This is a long haul rebuild.

Blash can come or go. If the young players need a new voice, so be it.

There have been 4 NHL head coaching changes since the Wings last won a game:

Toronto's Babcock, Calgary's Peters, New Jersey's Hynes,  Dallas' Montgomery

7 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I guess Stevie Y just has to keep rope-a-doping with the Wings until the coach he wants gets fired........

Yeah, but the team record for consecutive losses is 14 (the year before the drafted Yzerman)..............we are two losses away from that.   It just seems like Blashill is in real trouble here.     #LoseForLexi

I do not believe that being this bad was the plan or the hope. 10 points better and they'd be 3rd worst overall and still headed for  high pick. Was not unreasonable to expect them to have a season like Ottawa is having or even like Vancouver.

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

I do not believe that being this bad was the plan or the hope. 10 points better and they'd be 3rd worst overall and still headed for  high pick. Was not unreasonable to expect them to have a season like Ottawa is having or even like Vancouver.

Indeed, there were a couple of stretches last season when they were pretty competitive and it was easy to envision a team this young having some natural year to year improvement that would mean more competitive stretches - but it has gone the other way.

Sometimes we think that management has to react to a team being worse than they thought. I'd say that Yzerman has probably allocated his resources a lot more to scouting other teams for Fabbri and Comrie types, having like 10 dudes at GR every night looking at their prospects, and is blanketing NA and Europe looking at draftable players. I think he pretty much knows how bad the talent is in Detroit and there isn't much you can do about it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kdog said:

Sometimes we think that management has to react to a team being worse than they thought. I'd say that Yzerman has probably allocated his resources a lot more to scouting other teams for Fabbri and Comrie types, having like 10 dudes at GR every night looking at their prospects, and is blanketing NA and Europe looking at draftable players. I think he pretty much knows how bad the talent is in Detroit and there isn't much you can do about it.

Yep, and Yzerman doesn't feel the need to prop the team up with short term fixes to make himself look better, the way a GM who assembled the team may have been motivated to save face.

And when it comes to Yzerman's dealings, I'd say there are no untouchables. Including Larkin. Or Seider. Or Mantha. Or Hronek. Or Zadina. Anything that adds value on balance, keep an open mind.

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

Yep, and Yzerman doesn't feel the need to prop the team up with short term fixes to make himself look better, the way a GM who assembled the team may have been motivated to save face.

And when it comes to Yzerman's dealings, I'd say there are no untouchables. Including Larkin. Or Seider. Or Mantha. Or Hronek. Or Zadina. Anything that adds value on balance, keep an open mind.

He traded Martin St. Louis.............nobody is off limits.  

The wings played a pretty good game on Thursday night. Zadina was working his *** off. If he plays like that on both ends of the ice, he can be a great player. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Fabbri worked hard as well.

That is looking like a major steal if he stays healthy. 

On 1/4/2020 at 9:50 PM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Is that insider info or is that speculation?

i think you have your answer...