Sign in to follow this  
MAROTH4MVP

Bucs Vs Lions

12/15/2019 1pm est

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will ride a three-game winning streak out of town in Week 15, taking the final journey of what has been a sometimes exhausting but ultimately successful season on the road.

Following a dramatic 38-35 win over the Indianapolis Colts at home in Week 14, the Buccaneers will head to Detroit to take on the Lions, who dropped their sixth consecutive decision on Sunday to the Minnesota Vikings, 20-7. That Vikings win just happened to officially eliminate Tampa Bay from playoff contention but the Bucs, winners of four of their last five, are still seeking a strong finish to Bruce Arians' first year at the helm.

The December 15 game in Detroit is also one of just three remaining on the original rookie contract for quarterback Jameis Winston. That means that Winston and the Buccaneers are obviously closing in on a very important decision for the franchise. Arians said prior to the Indianapolis game that he wouldn't address that issue until after the season, but obviously each game is an important piece of evidence. Winston's performance against the Colts is a perfect example; he threw two first-half interceptions, one returned for a touchdown, but also came back from a halftime injury to lead the Bucs on a wild comeback, throwing for a career-high 456 yards and four touchdowns in the process.

Like the Bucs, the Lions' quarterback is a former first-overall draft pick, but Detroit has been without Matthew Stafford for the last five games due to a back injury. In Stafford's absence, the Lions turned first to Jeff Driskel and then to undrafted rookie David Blough, who had an impressive debut on Thanksgiving but was picked off twice and sacked five times in the Lions' loss to Minnesota.

The Buccaneers are likely to be without star wide receiver Mike Evans in Detroit after Evans suffered a hamstring injury at the end of a 61-yard touchdown against the Colts. In his absence, Justin Watson (five catches for 79 yards and a touchdown), Breshad Perriman (three for 70 and a score) and O.J. Howard (four for 73) all stepped up in a big way. Chris Godwin led the team with seven catches for 91 yards and, with three games left, has 1,212 receiving yards and a chance to chase Evans' 2018 team record of 1,524.

The Buccaneers will finish their 2019 campaign with a pair of home games against Houston and Atlanta. Before that, however, they'll take one more trip and try to build on a 4-3 record away from home against one of their former NFC Central foes.

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/week-15-schedule-bucs-face-detroit-lions

kJYi9TN.png

Bb1wsSzwnjAWenIncDoRw4ocCF0KvpDCTQMSFrLF

my first lions heartbreak was them losing to the bucs.  ive disliked tampa ever since.

the lions should lose so they'll probably win.  whatever it is that will screw them up, thats what they'll do.

tis their destiny.

On 12/10/2019 at 2:05 PM, Buddha said:

my first lions heartbreak was them losing to the bucs.  ive disliked tampa ever since.

the lions should lose so they'll probably win.  whatever it is that will screw them up, thats what they'll do.

tis their destiny.

Hey, as long as they stay in the top ten or twelve picks in the draft, they should be able to get their kind of player -- a slow cornerback; an overhyped tight end; maybe even a big run-stuffing linebacker who can handle guys like Jim Taylor, Larry  Csonka, John Riggins, and Franco Harris. 

When I was a kid and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were an expansion team I got a Buccanners t-shirt with the #42.   I just liked the colors.   I wish I still had that shirt to wear tomorrow.   GO BUCS GO !

Great series for Logan Thomas.................Totally missed a block on 1st down,  Dropped a very catchable pass on the 3rd.   Yes, the throw was behind him, but he got both hands on it.  

30 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Did the announcer just say former "Jag-u-waur"?   I mean, that's better than Jagwire, but still, did he turn British?  

8 minutes ago, Kamakzie said:

He's working up to calling Matt Patricia a bloody wanker.

This is beautiful...................Fans should walk out at the quarter mark.    You want to make a statement - then make it.    If you keep spending money on this garbage then you are part of the problem.  

This is going well.  If the lions lose out they are guaranteed to pick no lower than 4th. 

Ideal outcome: Giants win today.  Dolphins beat the bengals next week.   Giants beat Washington next week.  Lions would then be in position to draft 3rd. It Washington wins either of their other two games not against the Giants the lions would pick 2nd.  

20 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

This is going well.  If the lions lose out they are guaranteed to pick no lower than 4th. 

Ideal outcome: Giants win today.  Dolphins beat the bengals next week.   Giants beat Washington next week.  Lions would then be in position to draft 3rd. It Washington wins either of their other two games not against the Giants the lions would pick 2nd.  

I don't trust Quinn with 1st and 2nd round picks.     If you are 2nd and the Bungles take Burrow at one -  you take Chase Young.     If you pick 3rd,  you flog some other team desperate for a QB - unless you're Quinn - then you take a Safety.