Jump to content

Casimir

12/12/2019 9:00 EST Dallas Mavericks vs Detroit Pistons

Recommended Posts

Just now, NYLion said:

I just stat watch now, can't stand to watch this abomination anymore. I see that Blake went 3-16 from the field. This guy might be done. They should have cashed in on his career season to get some value, now they're stuck with him for 2+ more years. Ouch

Funny enough, I just got an ESPN update on my phone entitled "Porzingis OBLITERATES (All Caps) Drummond". Uh.... Yeah. Go Pistons Go Gores.

and early in the game Andre took it to the rim strong a few times - looked like he could have a big game. Just judging from the early burst I'm guessing the Pistons' didn't have sense enough to do a little pacing of themselves and as per yesterday's discussion, ended up gassed by the end of the 2nd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

del isnt posting on this game because his hands are never free when he watches luka play.

Right?  

Sadly we were out tonight and I missed the game.  Not sure I can stomach watching it after reading the thread.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Blake is really struggling with his shot.

Griffin has been not too good so far this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just glad Gores was front row to see his product on the court. Although he probably had his alcohol goggles on anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks bad.

I didn't watch the game.  But reading those comments it appears TT was upset about Sexton jacking up a quick three instead of running offense.  He sort of took it out on Beilein.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Looks bad.

I didn't watch the game.  But reading those comments it appears TT was upset about Sexton jacking up a quick three instead of running offense.  He sort of took it out on Beilein.  

 

Beilein isn't going to get fired right now, so expect the Cavs to start dealing players ASAP. They are looking real dysfunctional. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Quote from a Mavs fan on a forum.

😢

23/15 on 10/14 shooting, but Drummond is the problem.

Blake was awful, and he looks unhealthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Charles Barkley told a reporter ‘I don’t hit women but if I did I would hit you’ — and then apologized

Nah, F Chuck. For a guy who rails against Isiah Thomas so often, it is surprising you are giving Charles a pass.

Making a bad joke and being convicted of sexual harassment are two very different things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Making a bad joke and being convicted of sexual harassment are two very different things.

It isn't a joke to tell a woman that you would hit her. The reporter didn't take it as a joke either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

It isn't a joke to tell a woman that you would hit her. The reporter didn't take it as a joke either.

Yeah, it is a joke and that is how I took it.  But good for her if she doesn't think so.  It's almost like people can have different opinions.

FWIW, Zeke does a pretty good job on TV as well.  Doesn't mean I would hire him or Chuck for a job.  But I can still appreciate the job they do.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

23/15 on 10/14 shooting, but Drummond is the problem.

Blake was awful, and he looks unhealthy. 

Yes, Blake does look awful. A GM or Owner with a brain would have shopped him after his excellent season last year to kick-start the rebuild.

But, yes, Dre is a problem as well. His defense was awful and the lane was like a layup line all night. Also, he did all of his damage in the first half, with only one bucket in the 3rd quarter and none in the 4th. He simply doesn't play winning basketball. He's soft and easy to negate with simple, fundamental basketball (just box out). He's making a quarter of your cap and about to sign for even more and those aren't the shoulders upon which you build a winning franchise in today's NBA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Yeah, it is a joke and that is how I took it.  But good for her if she doesn't think so.  It's almost like people can have different opinions.

FWIW, Zeke does a pretty good job on TV as well.  Doesn't mean I would hire him or Chuck for a job.  But I can still appreciate the job they do.

That isn't how jokes works. No one found it funny, and there was no comedic element to it. You weren't the intended audience for it either. He wasn't making a public comment, he said this directly to her in a tense exchange. For an extremely large man to say to a woman that he would hit you is not funny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Yeah, it is a joke and that is how I took it.  But good for her if she doesn't think so.  It's almost like people can have different opinions.

FWIW, Zeke does a pretty good job on TV as well.  Doesn't mean I would hire him or Chuck for a job.  But I can still appreciate the job they do.

you're this century's greatest monster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Buddha said:

you're this century's greatest monster.

I'm sure you'd take it as a joke if a large older man told your daughter that he wanted to hit her. It would be hilarious, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

I'm sure you'd take it as a joke if a large older man told your daughter that he wanted to hit her. It would be hilarious, right?

now?  i'd probably be mad cause she's 11.

if my daughter was an adult and the guy was making a joke?  hopefully i raise her well enough to take care of herself in that situation.

and i dont think making the comment barkley made means his opinion no longer matters or that we cannot find the things he says now unfunny.  which seems to be what your implying.  but i could be wrong.

the one thing i am not wrong about, however, is that del is history's greatest monster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

It isn't a joke to tell a woman that you would hit her. The reporter didn't take it as a joke either.

Which is worse? Joking about harassment or getting convicted of actual harassment? It's a stupid joke but there's some perspective to be had here.

Anyway, why are you so mad about Barkley making a funny and relevant joke about the Pistons?

Oh and Chuck is the man. We need more of his kind in the sports broadcast world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Which is worse? Joking about harassment or getting convicted of actual harassment? It's a stupid joke but there's some perspective to be had here.

Anyway, why are you so mad about Barkley making a funny and relevant joke about the Pistons?

Oh and Chuck is the man. We need more of his kind in the sports broadcast world.

1) I didn't say it was "worse" or "better", just that it is bad.

2) I said nothing about his joke about the Pistons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

1) I didn't say it was "worse" or "better", just that it is bad.

2) I said nothing about his joke about the Pistons

1) You said to Del "For a guy who rails on Isiah so much, it is surprising that you give Charles a pass". This insinuates that you're comparing their off the court issues which is what has fueled Del's dislike of Isiah.

2) You said "F Chuck" in response to the IMO hilarious joke about the Pistons in Mexico.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think were getting away from the obvious fact that del is horrible.

focus people, focus.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...