Casimir

12/9/2019 8:00 EST Detroit Pistons at New Orleans Pelicans

7 hours ago, Betrayer said:

I don't think the NBA sees it as a problem (yet), so they probably aren't looking for a solution. And if I'm honest with myself, I'd assume the casual fan is still happy with the state of things (higher scoring, less defense, less ways to win), and that's probably where the majority of money comes from,, so they aren't looking to shift back at all.

Personally, I'd love to see them use analytics to determine the optimal distance for the three point line that would put it at an even risk/reward balance with the paint game based upon shooting percentages versus points per bucket. If that means it has to move out far enough that the baseline three is gone, I'm ok with that. At least there will be more than one way to build a team.

Of course, I'd also like to see regular season officiating more like playoff officiating where they allow a higher level of intensity, physical play, and tough defense.

Yes, I realize I'm in the minority on all of this and the masses just want more 3's and dunks  :)

if they pushed the 3 point line back and totally eliminated the corner 3, i'd be fine with it.

or do what i heard in a few podcasts, make a "3 second" rule for the corner like they did for people in the lane.  so you cant just have someone stand in the corner for 24 seconds waiting to shoot a 3.