Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
kdog

Lions at Vikings Dec 8th 1pm

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, Buddha said:

tackle?  try guard.  or center!

i still have good odds they take a safety top 5.

They'll find an injured punter to take. Probably trade up to get him. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

How long have you been watching them.   This probably isn't even in my Top 10.   

40 years

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, kgeorge78 said:

40 years

 

Seriously, I can put at least 7 of the Top 10 worst games just in the 2008 (0-16) season.   This game was brutal, but far from the worst.  I seem to remember a game vs. the Cowboys that ended up with a score 9-7 as the worst game I've ever seen because both teams were horrible..........and the Lions actually WON that game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buddha said:

ive seen safety mocked to them a lot.

the lions value less valuable positions more than others.

I'll crap if they do that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buddha said:

ive seen safety mocked to them a lot.

the lions value less valuable positions more than others.

The Lions put less  value on head coaches, general managers , drafting, and winning than others do.  They don't even value silver pants anymore.

They do value comedy masquerading as football quite highly, however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Dear NFL,  

Can you please give us the other games to watch?   Do we HAVE to get the home team?    

SF vs. NO would have been much more enjoyable.  

 

Just saw another game. The officials decided the outcome by 2 totally missed calls with the Pats having no challenges left. A horribly officiated game by the NFL. Typical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quandre diggs with a pick 6 for the seahawks.

man, too bad he wasnt good enough for that deep lions secondary.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

quandre diggs with a pick 6 for the seahawks.

man, too bad he wasnt good enough for that deep lions secondary.  

He expressed an opinion that didn't lineup with the cult leaders.......he had to go.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

He expressed an opinion that didn't lineup with the cult leaders.......he had to go.   

he wasnt playing that well in detroit but is playing pretty well now in seattle.  what does that tell you about detroit's genius defensive coordinator?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Does that mean you're not going to crap until then?  

LOL, nope, morning dumps will continue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

He expressed an opinion that didn't lineup with the cult leaders.......he had to go.   

Apparently he Diggs expressed that Davis shouldn't be a 3 down MLB. Diggs was also unhappy with almost never pressuring the QB.

Slay has also voiced the same issues, which is why he is unlikely to be re-signed and traded this offseason.

The teams actually appears to be getting worse every week, that is not a good trend for Patricia/Quinn. I still think they gets another year, but if the Lions start slow next year I could see Patricia getting the axe midseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Apparently he Diggs expressed that Davis shouldn't be a 3 down MLB. Diggs was also unhappy with almost never pressuring the QB.

Slay has also voiced the same issues, which is why he is unlikely to be re-signed and traded this offseason.

The teams actually appears to be getting worse every week, that is not a good trend for Patricia/Quinn. I still think they gets another year, but if the Lions start slow next year I could see Patricia getting the axe midseason.

The most damning thing about this season is how well Diggy's playing in Seattle.   They only traded him because he expressed he wasn't happy with the scheme (because they don't rush the QB, they put the Secondary in an impossible situation).    Quinn and Patricia should have been fired the day after Thanksgiving.      

 

But honestly - look here -   2 pages of posts.  That's it - for a Lions game.  That's the indication of what's going on - Apathy and there is nothing worse for a team than that.   Vitriol is better than Apathy and the Fords better understand that because if you start the season with this same "genius" brain trust,  the fans will be tuning out from the start.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Buddha said:

quandre diggs with a pick 6 for the seahawks.

man, too bad he wasnt good enough for that deep lions secondary.  

He ended up with 2 interceptions for the game. I guess he really is a washed up, has been who's not playing well, when theres no pressure on the opposing QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Buddha said:

quandre diggs with a pick 6 for the seahawks.

man, too bad he wasnt good enough for that deep lions secondary.  

The Lions have 5 INTs for the entire season, Diggs as 3 in 4 weeks with Seattle. But Diggs just wasn't a scheme fit or he critiqued it in come way. There is a silent genius to the 3-4, no pressure scheme Patrica is running. We just can't see it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

The most damning thing about this season is how well Diggy's playing in Seattle.   They only traded him because he expressed he wasn't happy with the scheme (because they don't rush the QB, they put the Secondary in an impossible situation).    Quinn and Patricia should have been fired the day after Thanksgiving.      

 

But honestly - look here -   2 pages of posts.  That's it - for a Lions game.  That's the indication of what's going on - Apathy and there is nothing worse for a team than that.   Vitriol is better than Apathy and the Fords better understand that because if you start the season with this same "genius" brain trust,  the fans will be tuning out from the start.   

he wasnt playing well in detroit.  

my thing is, if he's not playing well now but was playing well enough in the recent past that you gave him a big extension, maybe you realize he has talent and work with him to fix whats wrong rather than trade him for peanuts at the first offer that comes along?

bad management.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Buddha said:

he wasnt playing well in detroit.  

my thing is, if he's not playing well now but was playing well enough in the recent past that you gave him a big extension, maybe you realize he has talent and work with him to fix whats wrong rather than trade him for peanuts at the first offer that comes along?

bad management.

When you already have high end talent like Tracy Walker, Tavon Wilson, Will Harris, and the incomparable CJ Moore in your safety room there’s no need to try to fix an attitude problem that doesn’t handle losing well in Diggs.   I say good riddance and I bet Quinn can turn that 5th round pick into the next Don Muhlbach.

My teal is broken btw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buddha said:

he wasnt playing well in detroit.  

my thing is, if he's not playing well now but was playing well enough in the recent past that you gave him a big extension, maybe you realize he has talent and work with him to fix whats wrong rather than trade him for peanuts at the first offer that comes along?

bad management.

He wasn't playing well because QB's had all day long to make plays because the Lions were rushing 3.   It wasn't him, it was and still is the scheme.   All that money spent on the D-Line and they still can't pressure a QB.    Something is broken and it ain't the players alone.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

He wasn't playing well because QB's had all day long to make plays because the Lions were rushing 3.   It wasn't him, it was and still is the scheme.   All that money spent on the D-Line and they still can't pressure a QB.    Something is broken and it ain't the players alone.  

im not disagreeing with you.  and im sure we agree that its time for both quinn and patricia to be fired.

my point is only that if you thought diggs was good enough to sign to a big extension not that long ago, to suddenly give up on him and trade him for peanuts after 4 subpar games is ludicrous and a sign of poor management, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Buddha said:

im not disagreeing with you.  and im sure we agree that its time for both quinn and patricia to be fired.

my point is only that if you thought diggs was good enough to sign to a big extension not that long ago, to suddenly give up on him and trade him for peanuts after 4 subpar games is ludicrous and a sign of poor management, imo.

Yes...........they can't handle criticism and to me it seems like they will not allow dissent to their own peril.    If the Lions had the 8th or 10th best defense and Diggs complained, that would be one thing, but the numbers completely back what Diggs was saying and they didn't want to hear it - so instead of listening to a team leader and captain, they bounced him out of the lockerroom - and from what I have been led to believe, Diggs was one of the most respected and popular guys in the room.     Maybe you can do that when you are Belichick, but these guys seem to think just because they worked for him they have the same clout and it will probably, hopefully be their demise.   Trading Diggs for standing up for the secondary is like the Wings trading a really good player (Garry Unger) away for refusing to get a haircut (true story).   
 

I think anything under 3 years is kind of unfair, but this was a 9-7 team when they took it over - it didn't need to be rebuilt.  If Caldwell was only a little bit better at in-game decisions, they probably make the playoffs 3 out of his 4 years.   It was honestly only a few players from being a real contender and they have blown it up and what makes it worse is that stupid "9-7 isn't good enough" comment.     I think we've been around long enough to see when something is a total disaster and this is pretty close, and it's a lot like what happened with Millen & Morningwheg.  The team they took over was a 54 yard field goal away from the playoffs and they completely obliterated it and this feels very similar..........why wait?      Millen & Morningwheg were just as arrogant too.    Arrogance only works when you have something to back it up.   If the Fords can't see that, then they are more hopeless than any of us thought.   

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Yes...........they can't handle criticism and to me it seems like they will not allow dissent to their own peril.    If the Lions had the 8th or 10th best defense and Diggs complained, that would be one thing, but the numbers completely back what Diggs was saying and they didn't want to hear it - so instead of listening to a team leader and captain, they bounced him out of the lockerroom - and from what I have been led to believe, Diggs was one of the most respected and popular guys in the room.     Maybe you can do that when you are Belichick, but these guys seem to think just because they worked for him they have the same clout and it will probably, hopefully be their demise.   Trading Diggs for standing up for the secondary is like the Wings trading a really good player (Garry Unger) away for refusing to get a haircut (true story).   
 

I think anything under 3 years is kind of unfair, but this was a 9-7 team when they took it over - it didn't need to be rebuilt.  If Caldwell was only a little bit better at in-game decisions, they probably make the playoffs 3 out of his 4 years.   It was honestly only a few players from being a real contender and they have blown it up and what makes it worse is that stupid "9-7 isn't good enough" comment.     I think we've been around long enough to see when something is a total disaster and this is pretty close, and it's a lot like what happened with Millen & Morningwheg.  The team they took over was a 54 yard field goal away from the playoffs and they completely obliterated it and this feels very similar..........why wait?      Millen & Morningwheg were just as arrogant too.    Arrogance only works when you have something to back it up.   If the Fords can't see that, then they are more hopeless than any of us thought.   

 

Spot on. And you and I know, as does everyone else, that if these clowns are still around come draft day, they will be taking a safety. The Diggs I've been watching when Seattle is on TV looks heads and shoulders better than anyone the Lions throw out there. Maybe it's the scheme and a new GM/coach will only need a handful of players to get us back into being a contender. But maybe we're just spoiled fans? I mean, after all, they did win the division not too long ago, didn't they? 1993 or something? Fans are just spoiled...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Buddha said:

im not disagreeing with you.  and im sure we agree that its time for both quinn and patricia to be fired.

my point is only that if you thought diggs was good enough to sign to a big extension not that long ago, to suddenly give up on him and trade him for peanuts after 4 subpar games is ludicrous and a sign of poor management, imo.

What do you mean "peanuts"?  With Bob Quinn, the smartest guy in the room (or at least the smartest guy named Bob Quinn) doing his Midas-touch thing  with the Lions' drafting, that fifth-round pick is almost guaranteed to turn into gold.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...