kdog

December regular season thread

The Wings took a 2-goal lead into the 2nd period in Florida tonight. You can guess the rest. 

Montreal might feel even worse. They outshot Tampa 18-0 to start the game tonight, lost 5-4.

Zadina's 9 points in past 11 games (9 points, 14 GP total with Detroit this year) is a glimmer in this dark year.

Can he catch Jack Hughes (14 points, 34 GP) or Kakko (14 points, 34 GP)?

So the Wings have played 40 games. They have won 9. Their worst season record in history was 17 wins. Besting that (or tying it for worst) seems quite attainable unless something seismic changes. The lousy thing is, even though we will finish with the worst record, we aren't guaranteed the top pick, due to the ridiculous lottery system.

8 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

A Russian dude just got suspended for headbutting a US kid too.  What is going on over there haha

THIS is why captains leave their helmets on during the post-game national anthem, lol, it can't be due to bad sportsmanship.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/canadian-captain-hayton-anthem-apology-dec-28-1.5410012

• Haha 1

Tyler Bertuzzi is in no mood for fake cheer.

Tyler Bertuzzi on being the Red Wings' representative at the 2020 All-Star Game: "If they didn’t have to pick someone from every team, I know I wouldn’t be there. But I am excited to get this opportunity."
Red Wings host Sharks 7:30 tonight, after 2 GLI games. Tyler Bertuzzi on the expected state of the ice at Little Caesars Arena: "Our ice isn't the best, so I don't think much is going to change."

Wings win! In regulation, a shutout, 2-0.  The man of the day Bertuzzi scores the winning goal, Hronek adds an ENG.

3 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Wings win! In regulation, a shutout, 2-0.  The man of the day Bertuzzi scores the winning goal, Hronek adds an ENG.

I was in and out of the room in the post-game. Ozzie saying Blashill has re-aligned the defensive system to be more "goalie friendly"?