kdog

December regular season thread

ELxxXpSW4AEvPzV.jpg:large

Need a decent second line center but interesting to see Mantha and Zadina together.

scrappy win for the Wings. Larkin really looked like he was laboring tonight but make a good play on the 1st goal anyway. But mainly Bernier stole this one for them.

Canadien sloppiness with their stick didn't hurt either. A slash and crosscheck pretty much cost them the game.

18 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

scrappy win for the Wings. Larkin really looked like he was laboring tonight but make a good play on the 1st goal anyway. But mainly Bernier stole this one for them.

Canadien sloppiness with their stick didn't hurt either. A slash and crosscheck pretty much cost them the game.

As soon as that happened in front of the net I said "what they ****, they are letting that go?" The call was a little delayed but it was the right call.

Wings looked sharp again tonight. Liked the defensive effort. Tough sledding with scoring, but it was enough to win.

Well sometimes you run into juggernauts like the Kings, who are the 3rd worst team in the league.

On 12/2/2019 at 9:27 AM, lordstanley said:

Tough 12-game schedule this month. 

Dec 2- NYI

Dec 7- Pitt

Dec 10- @ Winnipeg

Dec 12- Winnipeg

Dec 14 - @ Montreal

Dec 15 - LA Kings

Dec 17 - Columbus

Dec 21 - @ Toronto

Dec 22- Arizona

Dec 28 - @ Florida

Dec 29 - @ Tampa

Dec 31- San Jose

Although when you have a negative goal differential of 53, and the 2nd worst in the NHL is negative 25, every opponent is tough.  Might be able to get a win at home to the Kings on the 15th.

Or not.

Zadina with a knuckle-goal and Bowey with a late one. Wings lose 4-2.

I was hoping to see that they had closed it to 3-2 and then given up an empty netter - but no - they were down 4-0 before they scored at all. Well at least they did finish with a little life. Ericcson on the ice for 3 of the goals against.

The Rangers demoted #2 overall pick Kappo Kakko to the 4th line after 14 straight scoreless games. So it happens elsewhere.

Ericsson to IR, our old friend Brian Lashoff is back.

Howard got put on retroactive IR and is playing for the Griffins in their next game.

6 hours ago, kdog said:

The Rangers demoted #2 overall pick Kappo Kakko to the 4th line after 14 straight scoreless games. So it happens elsewhere.

This season to date: 

2018 #3 overall Jesperi Kotkaniemi     22GP 3G 2A 5PTS

2018 #4 overall Barrett Hayton 14GP 1G 3A 4PTS

2018 #6 overall Filip Zadina  10GP 2G 5A 7PTS

They're all still young though so let's not go too crazy...

And speaking of young players, I'm super excited about the WJC.  I tried to find all the Wings prospects participating in one place, but just off the top of my head: Seider, Veleno, McIssac, Bergeren, Eliasson, and Kivenmäki should all be on their respective country's teams.  Mastrosimone looked like he was going to make the US team but with Wahlstrom added I think he's the odd man out.

Also:

19 minutes ago, drownwithyou said:

Holy crap Adam Erne scored

And assists to Nielsen and Perlini on the same goal!  Those 3 players had combined for 2 points so far this season, then collectively they get 3 points on one play.

3 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Erne again, lol!

When I just saw the notification for his second goal I had a mild crisis that someone had hacked my phone and was messing with me.

19 minutes ago, drownwithyou said:

When I just saw the notification for his second goal I had a mild crisis that someone had hacked my phone and was messing with me.

If I was Yzerman I'd have been working the phones trying to trade him during the 1st intermission. His stock will never be higher.

i never realized that they healthy scratched Abdelkader in the last game. Bravo Steve and Blash.

20 hours ago, kdog said:

i never realized that they healthy scratched Abdelkader in the last game. Bravo Steve and Blash.

Blash did seem more willing to bench guys like Ericsson late last season, but I wonder if Yzerman/front office is pushing to scratch guys that have no future here.