Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

12/03/2019 7:00 EST Detroit Pistons at Cleveland Cavaliers

Drummond comes up short on the 5x6 game. Last Eastern Conference player to do it was Jamal Tinsley.  On a side note, how and the **** did Tinsley get 5 blocks in a game?

Spurs-Rockets in double OT on NBATV.  I think Houston was up by 20 at one point.

I'm excited to see how Westbrook shoots Houston out of it.

45 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Spurs up one,  Harden drives and they bang him for the offensive foul.  Houston loses.  

On the one hand, it sucks to see the Spurs win because they're boring af.

On the other hand, it is ALWAYS fun to see Houston lose.  Especially on that whiny cry baby Harden getting called for an offensive foul.  Even more poetic would be if they called him for a travel.

ESPN reported the Rockets will file a protest over this.  Not sure anything happens though.  They had a challenge at the time and decided not to use it.

4 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

ESPN reported the Rockets will file a protest over this.  Not sure anything happens though.  They had a challenge at the time and decided not to use it.

I've heard of it happening, but have never seen it.  It seems like a stupid rule.

Any chance Langston Galloway gets traded if he keeps playing like this? Guy is averaging 12 PPG on a 43/42/91 split. And that 42% 3 point percentage is on 5.8 attempts/game. 

Would be fine moving him for a 2nd round pick and/or young prospect like the team did when they traded Bullock for Svi and a 2nd round pick. I am sure the front office sees him as necessary, but Svi's performance these last 2 games might signal a move to give him more playing time. 

11 hours ago, Buddha said:

Only 1 1/2 games away from the promised the land!  The 8th seed.

Yep. All Aboard, Next Stop... Mediocreville (sigh).

We knew it was coming. A team with a healthy Griffin and Drummond is not bad enough to tank and JUST good enough to win the rights to get curb stomped by the Bucks.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Can they challenge that? If so, the Rockets have no reason to complain.

4 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Yep. All Aboard, Next Stop... Mediocreville (sigh).

We knew it was coming. A team with a healthy Griffin and Drummond is not bad enough to tank and JUST good enough to win the rights to get curb stomped by the Bucks.

I thought the next stop was Mediocrapolis.

11 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I thought the next stop was Mediocrapolis.

That's the next stop. Mediocreville is where they sneak into the playoffs as a 35 win team then they enter the city limits of Mediocrapolis as they get smashed by the Bucks then they buy a one way ticket to Hopelesstown.

2 minutes ago, NYLion said:

That's the next stop. Mediocreville is where they sneak into the playoffs as a 35 win team then they enter the city limits of Mediocrapolis as they get smashed by the Bucks then they buy a one way ticket to Hopelesstown.

Things can look bleak, but there are some young guys you can appreciate for growing. 

Luke (23 years old) is obviously the stand-out for improvement, and is going to be a quality scorer for a long time in this league.

Bruce Brown (23 years old) has shown that he can grow on offense (went from a 40/25 split to a 45/35 split, on more attempts per game). He also showed flashes of being a good passer. 

Svi (22 years old) has the potential to be a quality scorer off the bench in this league with his shooting ability and size. 

Christian Wood (24 years old) was a nice find for a young player, and projects to be a good backup as well. 

This is also not factoring in Sekou, has has looked pretty good in G-League, and is the guy the franchise needs to be a true difference maker. 

2 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Things can look bleak, but there are some young guys you can appreciate for growing. 

Luke (23 years old) is obviously the stand-out for improvement, and is going to be a quality scorer for a long time in this league.

Bruce Brown (23 years old) has shown that he can grow on offense (went from a 40/25 split to a 45/35 split, on more attempts per game). He also showed flashes of being a good passer. 

Svi (22 years old) has the potential to be a quality scorer off the bench in this league with his shooting ability and size. 

Christian Wood (24 years old) was a nice find for a young player, and projects to be a good backup as well. 

This is also not factoring in Sekou, has has looked pretty good in G-League, and is the guy the franchise needs to be a true difference maker. 

There's no doubt they have some young pieces that have a niche in the league. Kennard is a starter. Brown needs to develop his jumper. Svi can shoot and handle it, but he's a bench guy. Wood has a lot of potential. 

2 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

There's no doubt they have some young pieces that have a niche in the league. Kennard is a starter. Brown needs to develop his jumper. Svi can shoot and handle it, but he's a bench guy. Wood has a lot of potential. 

Oh, I agree that Svi, Brown and Wood are projecting to be quality bench pieces. But when you have guys on rookie deals who are contributing in that way, you have potential to do bigger things. Kennard can be a good starter in this league, but the key really is Sekou and whether or not he will be a star.

3 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

The thing is, all teams have young players like these. No real standouts in the bunch.

Sekou is the one guy who has a really high ceiling but he's a ways away from reaching that potential and it's a long shot. I do like the pick though, it's about time they went with a raw talent for a change.

Wood is the one guy of the rest who is intriguing. An athletic big who can score in multiple ways, very young still.

I like Kennard well enough but he has fairly limited upside and defense needs a lot of work if he wants to be a plus starter in this league. My one worry with him offensively is lack of killer instinct, he seems to be a little shy about taking over the offense at times.

12 hours ago, NYLion said:

The thing is, all teams have young players like these. No real standouts in the bunch.

Sekou is the one guy who has a really high ceiling but he's a ways away from reaching that potential and it's a long shot. I do like the pick though, it's about time they went with a raw talent for a change.

Wood is the one guy of the rest who is intriguing. An athletic big who can score in multiple ways, very young still.

I like Kennard well enough but he has fairly limited upside and defense needs a lot of work if he wants to be a plus starter in this league. My one worry with him offensively is lack of killer instinct, he seems to be a little shy about taking over the offense at times.

hooray.  the pistons have a few guys who could contribute off the bench....and no starters who are solid nba all star players.  what does that get us?

and like you said, most nba teams have players like that.  the nba is full of them.

i like that they took a shot on sekou.  even better news is that hollinger didnt like him!  that means he's got a real shot to be great.

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison, and Joan Jett are touring together this summer.  DTroppens is a happy man.

Over/under on the time that show ends will be very close to the over/under on the time that they used to take the stage to start the show.

I watched a Def Leppard concert on YouTube.  It was out of Vegas a few years ago.  Band sounded good still, but Joe Elliott can't hit the high notes as well anymore.

Our annual Jimmy Buffett concert group was up at DTE a few years ago for Buffett concert.  On our way in, we saw a Vince Neil bus around the entry and laughed about him being there.  He was starting up some TV show at the time (home improvement of some sort?), and we figured it was just some promotional thing.  But sure enough, he hit the stage and added his vocals to Margaritaville.