Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

12/03/2019 7:00 EST Detroit Pistons at Cleveland Cavaliers

12/03/2019 7:00 EST from the lovely shores of Cleveland, Ohio where the river burneth...

DET-2020.png  CLE-2020.png

Detroit Pistons (7-13) at Cleveland Cavaliers (5-14)

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Silly.

if theyre going to do it, they need to do something like this or the teams wont compete.  they would just rest all of their best players and call up g league guys.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

if theyre going to do it, they need to do something like this or the teams wont compete.  they would just rest all of their best players and call up g league guys.

You're right and I agree.  But I just think these things have to be grown organically.  Not sure you can force it.

5 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The Palace is being torn down today.

Wow, I had no idea it was set for demolition.  I thought they were still trying to keep it going as a concert venue / boat show type place.

12 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Wow, I had no idea it was set for demolition.  I thought they were still trying to keep it going as a concert venue / boat show type place.

Nope.  The last even there was Bob Seger in September of 2017.  

Part of the deal to move the Pistons included Gores getting a piece of ownership in Olympia Entertainment, the group that owns LCA.  Well, the city owns LCA.  Olympia just operates it and in return the city gets $0 rent, $0 from the naming rights, $0 from parking/concessions/tickets.  They get nothing.  

33 minutes ago, Casimir said:

How much of an affect will this happen on the salary cap?

Zero right now since the TV contract is locked in.  It could have a significant impact when it comes time to renegotiate that deal though.  

The cap is a percentage of revenue the league generates.  So any dip/rise in that will have an impact.

But we knew this was coming when Lebron signed with a team that plays a majority of their games at 10:30PM eastern.