Deleterious

2019-20 Michigan Basketball

I thought following Beilein would be too tough for most folks and I questioned Howard's transition from the pros to college. 

Its only 7 games, but I don't think there is much doubt anymore.  This is going to prove to be a home run hire.

MSU is number 1 in BPI, Michigan is 37th.  This is why teams should schedule as tough of opponents as you can.  State is 7-2 overall and is 1-2 against ranked teams yet their BPI is 1(which is one of the main metrics the committee goes by) cause they get rewarded for their schedule.  Its essentially a no lose situation, you get to face tougher competition to get you ready for the season, if you win great, if you lose it doesn't hurt you as evidence of State's ranking.   

Juwan will be fine when it comes to coaching.  This isn't some rube that got a job because he went to school there.  He was just starting to interview for NBA head coaching jobs and probably would have landed a job in the next year or two.  He has a legit resume and learned from Spoelstra, one of the best coaches in the NBA.  Plus he isn't taking over a dead program.  Beilein left plenty of tools for Howard to work with.

Recruiting is where I'm still concerned.  That will make or break Howard.

What a rough game. Just missed a lot of open shots.