Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

11/29/2019 7:00 EST Charlotte Hornets at Detroit PIstons

11/29/2019 7:00 EST from Detroit, Michigan...

CHO-2020.png  DET-2020.png

Charlotte Hornets (7-12) at Detroit Pistons (6-12)

This was supposed to be the easy part of the schedule.

They are now 0-3 against a team who is basically in rebuild mode after losing it's franchise player this summer.

So...time to rebuild this thing yet? Someone wake Gores up from his bourbon coma. 

theyve let the hornets and the bulls beat them like a drum so far.

those two teams are in the middle of youth movements, the pistons are capped out with older players and blake past his prime.

how are the pistons not in one of the worst situations in the entire league?

7 hours ago, Buddha said:

Who says they aren't?

I guess at least this game was competitive throughout.  Really, with this collection of players, is there much more that can be hoped for on a night to night basis?  Yes, they need to break it up, but that's not going to happen.  They'll finish out of the playoffs, around 12th in the lottery, Drummond will get the max this offseason, and unless they find a diamond in the rough, next season will be wash, rinse, repeat with an older Griffin and more untradeable on the roster.

Other than that, things are looking up.

8 hours ago, Buddha said:

theyve let the hornets and the bulls beat them like a drum so far.

those two teams are in the middle of youth movements, the pistons are capped out with older players and blake past his prime.

You're arguing with yourself here. We've known this for years. 

I'd like to think that this 6-13 start would wake Gores up to the reality of the situation then I look at the east and the incredibly pathetic "race" for the 8th spot and realize that Gores is probably under this delusion that playoffs is within reach and "go for it". They are going to have to be REALLY bad for them to blow it up and you just know they won't continue to play at this bad of a pace.

2 hours ago, NYLion said:

You're arguing with yourself here. We've known this for years. 

I'd like to think that this 6-13 start would wake Gores up to the reality of the situation then I look at the east and the incredibly pathetic "race" for the 8th spot and realize that Gores is probably under this delusion that playoffs is within reach and "go for it". They are going to have to be REALLY bad for them to blow it up and you just know they won't continue to play at this bad of a pace.

i dont think he'll ever blow it up.  like you said, he'll see theyre a couple games out of the playoffs and go for it.