Jump to content

Motor City Sonics

Are you rooting for the Bears on Thursday?

Recommended Posts

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

I think there is more to it on the Diggs trade. Slay has publicly questioned the team and they refused to trade him. 

How do you know they refused to trade him?   Maybe they didn't get what they wanted for him.      Diggs was traded days after the public criticism and I think it was done to make an example of him...........Now he's with a Super Bowl contender........poor *******. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

How do you know they refused to trade him?   Maybe they didn't get what they wanted for him.      Diggs was traded days after the public criticism and I think it was done to make an example of him...........Now he's with a Super Bowl contender........poor *******. 

What public criticism? I don't recall Diggs publicly criticizing the Lions until after he was traded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

What public criticism? I don't recall Diggs publicly criticizing the Lions until after he was traded. 

He did.   After the Minnesota game when Cousins had a career day and torched them for 42 points.   He was traded 2 days later.    He questioned the strategy of not putting pressure on the QB and hanging out the secondary to dry............and he was right and he was a leader in the locker room and the cult leaders couldn't have that.    Meanwhile QB after QB shred the Lions.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

He did.   After the Minnesota game when Cousins had a career day and torched them for 42 points.   He was traded 2 days later.    He questioned the strategy of not putting pressure on the QB and hanging out the secondary to dry............and he was right and he was a leader in the locker room and the cult leaders couldn't have that.    Meanwhile QB after QB shred the Lions.  

I can't find any public criticism of the Lions prior to being traded. Do you have a link? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NYLion said:

Why are you closing the door on him potentially being a quality starter down the line? I'm not saying he should take the reins now or that he's a guarantee by any means but he has ability and is a guy they should hold on to beyond this season if he continues to show well.

Cause hes not very good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jb84 said:

Time to move on. But ONLY if you got a 1st rd pick. Denver or Miami  may do it.

I don't agree. Detroit has difficulty identifying and developing talent from the draft, throughout the years. No matter who's in charge. So no, don't trade away a known talent for possible players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 9:48 AM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

“If you discounted all their fourth quarters, the Lions would have a winning record right now. (They’d be 5-4-3 (.542), if their end-of-third-quarter scores had been finals.)

This, ultimately, is what will save Quinn and Patricia their jobs, but ought to cost Patricia his. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you know theyre going to get another year.  stafford getting hurt sunk them this year but ultimately saved their jobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

“If you discounted all their fourth quarters, the Lions would have a winning record right now. (They’d be 5-4-3 (.542), if their end-of-third-quarter scores had been finals.)

This, ultimately, is what will save Quinn and Patricia their jobs, but ought to cost Patricia his. 

IDK, just go through the list of Quinn's eight 1st and 2nd round picks and I'd surprised if anyone thinks it indicates a GM capable of doing anything more than keeping a team mired in mediocrity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

btw, martin mayhew has been a senior personnel guy with the 49ers for the last three years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say what you want about Mayhew but atleast many of his horrible picks had a ton of upside.  Fairley was considered a top 5 prospect by many before the draft, Best had star potential, Pre injury Broyles was considered a mid first round pick and even Ebron was seen as a freakish athlete.   While they didn't pan out atleast there was a method to his madness, I don't really know what the **** Quinn is doing with some of his  picks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 11:06 PM, NYLion said:

We really don't know for sure. He has talent though, more arm talent than Driskel at least, and good pocket presence. He better play next week at Minny even if Driskel is healthy.

I'm just focusing on the positives now. They have a potential development QB in Blough, I really like Scarborough and there's still a hope even if it's faint to get into the Race for Chase. This is about as good as it gets in the life of a Lions fan.

  

On 11/28/2019 at 4:06 PM, jb84 said:

Need to consider trading stafford for picks. Blough looked fine to me for 1st NFL start. Dump Quinn and Pat

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

  

 

giphy.gif

All I said was that he was a potential development QB who has some talent. That hasn't changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      96,733
    • Total Posts
      2,934,434
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...