Motor City Sonics

Are you rooting for the Bears on Thursday?

2 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

giphy.gif

I can’t agree with these facepalms enough. 

Fine, this was a personal win for Blough. Bill Barnwell tweeted that Blough probably solidified a multi-year career as a backup NFL QB. Good for Blough.

But let’s be realistic, people. Matt Stafford is likely to get more votes for the HOF when he finally hangs it up than David Blough is going to get NFL starts. 

1 hour ago, Jason_R said:

I can’t agree with these facepalms enough. 

Fine, this was a personal win for Blough. Bill Barnwell tweeted that Blough probably solidified a multi-year career as a backup NFL QB. Good for Blough.

But let’s be realistic, people. Matt Stafford is likely to get more votes for the HOF when he finally hangs it up than David Blough is going to get NFL starts. 

I don't think anyone is suggesting Blough can replace Stafford's performance. The suggestion is more along the line that this team is so far away from playoff contention, that Stafford is simply being wasted - his career will be over before the next GM will be able to put a decent team around him,  so if trading him can speed the rebuild they may as well do it. We have a filet mignon thawed in the fridge but the grill can't be delivered for another month.

5 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

giphy.gif

Your handle says it all. You don't know sheet!

6 hours ago, Buddha said:

david blough is not the answer, people.  come on.

We really don't know for sure. He has talent though, more arm talent than Driskel at least, and good pocket presence. He better play next week at Minny even if Driskel is healthy.

I'm just focusing on the positives now. They have a potential development QB in Blough, I really like Scarborough and there's still a hope even if it's faint to get into the Race for Chase. This is about as good as it gets in the life of a Lions fan.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting Blough can replace Stafford's performance. The suggestion is more along the line that this team is so far away from playoff contention, that Stafford is simply being wasted - his career will be over before the next GM will be able to put a decent team around him,  so if trading him can speed the rebuild they may as well do it. We have a filet mignon thawed in the fridge but the grill can't be delivered for another month.

Exactly. Stafford wives will wait for another 11 years though. 

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

We really don't know for sure. He has talent though, more arm talent than Driskel at least.

I'm just focusing on the positives now. They have a potential development QB in Blough, I really like Scarborough and there's still a hope even if it's faint to get into the Race for Chase. This is about as good as it gets in the life of a Lions fan.

Yup. How did Stafford do his 1st few games? But beaten wife syndrome just prevails

2 minutes ago, jb84 said:

Yup. How did Stafford do his 1st few games? But beaten wife syndrome just prevails

I don't agree that they should trade Stafford but Blough could be a guy to groom as a Stafford replacement a few years down the line, "could" be. They need to play him the rest of the season. 

Just now, NYLion said:

I don't agree that they should trade Stafford but Blough could be a guy to groom as a Stafford replacement a few years down the line, "could" be.

Time to move on. But ONLY if you got a 1st rd pick. Denver or Miami  may do it.

omg.  i cant even believe were having this conversation about david freaking blough.

Just now, Buddha said:

omg.  i cant even believe were having this conversation about david freaking blough.

Why are you closing the door on him potentially being a quality starter down the line? I'm not saying he should take the reins now or that he's a guarantee by any means but he has ability and is a guy they should hold on to beyond this season if he continues to show well.

3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

You don't want to see how he does the next 4 games? But, after 11 years, you're all in on Stafford?

3 minutes ago, jb84 said:

He also didn't trip on his feet or just drop the ball.

you mean like taking a sack on the most important play of the game?

you have a top 10 nfl qb and youre ready to throw him out of the window after one decent game by an undrafted free agent.  good lord help me.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Buddha said:

you mean like taking a sack on the most important play of the game?

you have a top 10 nfl qb and youre ready to throw him out of the window after one decent game by an undrafted free agent.  good lord help me.

Stafford takes sacks all the time! Pocket collapses, he ducks and goes down. You'll never win a playoff game with Stafford. But, hey, stick with him!

24 minutes ago, jb84 said:

Stafford takes sacks all the time! Pocket collapses, he ducks and goes down. You'll never win a playoff game with Stafford. But, hey, stick with him!

david blough loses to the bears and he's the second coming of kurt warner.

Remember Eric Hipple?      He actually beat the Bears in his first start after being a nobody - he beat them on national TV (Monday Night Football) 48-17.   That was the first Lions game I ever went to.       

Lets not get carried away on Blough.   He looks like he could be a decent backup.  

Let’s at least let Blough play the next 4 games before he’s anointed as the future of the franchise.  

I believe Tony Romo was the last successful undrafted full time starting QB.  They don’t come around very often.      

10 hours ago, Buddha said:

Makes you wish we were talking about the Bears and their bold moves doesn't? 

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Makes you wish we were talking about the Bears and their bold moves doesn't? 

Last I checked, your boy Patricia is 0-4 against the Bears.

And the Lions were officially the first team eliminated from the NFC playoff race.

how many times has the defensive genius' defense lost the game because they couldnt stop they other team in the 4th quarter?  packers?  cowboys?  bears?  chiefs?  cardinals?

theyve had the lead in every game this year.  heck, theyve had a chance to win a lot of them but the defense just cant stop the other team when it needs to.

how can people not fault patricia for that?  or is it quinn because they dont have the talent?  or it both of them?