Motor City Sonics

Are you rooting for the Bears on Thursday?

How in the world does pencil genius not challenge that 3rd down play by the Bears.  It was close enough that you have to throw it.  Everything to gain and very little to lose if they uphold.  

Beyond comprehension.  

17 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Trubisky's first 300 yard passing game since a year ago (also against the Lions).

Defensive Genius Head Coach.  

Defense cost us the game, again. Prevent? Yes, it prevents winning.

what a great defense the lions have put together!  the only team in the whole league who make mitch trubisky look like dan ******* marino.

congrats to matt and bob.  solid job fellas.

i'll be waiting patiently for mb to spin this as an actual lions victory.

Need to consider trading stafford for picks. Blough looked fine to me for 1st NFL start. Dump Quinn and Pat

• Sad 1

That was a great loss.  Truly enjoyed watching the game.   Kept it close but managed to lose.  Draft position continues to climb.  Patricia and Quinn’s stock continue to drop.  

Also, in a do or die fantasy weak I started Mitch Trubisky, who no one has started all year.  Let’s just say it paid off. 

26 minutes ago, jb84 said:

Need to consider trading stafford for picks.

but DO NOT let Quinn make them.

12 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

but DO NOT let Quinn make them.

I know, dump him first

21 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

That was a great loss.  Truly enjoyed watching the game.   Kept it close but managed to lose.  Draft position continues to climb.  Patricia and Quinn’s stock continue to drop.  

Also, in a do or die fantasy weak I started Mitch Trubisky, who no one has started all year.  Let’s just say it paid off. 

And I benched Golladay since he didn't have a QB to get him the ball. Doh!!

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

How in the world does pencil genius not challenge that 3rd down play by the Bears.  It was close enough that you have to throw it.  Everything to gain and very little to lose if they uphold.  

Beyond comprehension.  

Are you talking about that pass right near the endzone when there was some pretty obvious P.I. on the the defender that would likely have been called if reviewed putting the ball at that spot anyway?

48 minutes ago, Buddha said:

what a great defense the lions have put together!  the only team in the whole league who make mitch trubisky look like dan ******* marino.

It probably wasn't reasonable to expect a win with a 3rd string QB in... but man alive it should have been the offense that cost us the win... instead it was the defense.  Honestly, the defense has been horrible all year long.

44 minutes ago, jb84 said:

Need to consider trading stafford for picks. Blough looked fine to me for 1st NFL start. Dump Quinn and Pat

No, just no...  Blough did not look fine... he made a number of poor throws.  Further, this is a guy without NFL tape.  Once defense start getting tape on him they'll be able to do a better job of game planning.

I'm not saying keep Stafford at all costs, but if we went into 2020 with Blough as the starting QB I'd assume a 12 loss year at least.

2 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

It probably wasn't reasonable to expect a win with a 3rd string QB in... but man alive it should have been the offense that cost us the win... instead it was the defense.  Honestly, the defense has been horrible all year long.

justin coleman got torched for the two biggest plays in the game.  by mitch trubisky.

trubisky has been terrible all season except for two games: the ones against the lions.

the offense has an excuse, the defense has none.  they spent a lot of money on players, they hired a defensive coach, and theyre the worst defense in the nfl.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

It was a victory.  Yukon Cornelius on the Lions' sideline didn't find any silver or gold, but he did save the holiday for me by having his Misfit Toy "defense" prevent Rookie the No-Reps Quarterback from winning the game.

Special guest appearance by Joe Buck as the Abominable Broadcaster.

31 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

No, just no...  Blough did not look fine... he made a number of poor throws.  Further, this is a guy without NFL tape.  Once defense start getting tape on him they'll be able to do a better job of game planning.

I'm not saying keep Stafford at all costs, but if we went into 2020 with Blough as the starting QB I'd assume a 12 loss year at least.

His first NFL start. Give him time. And stafford is allowed 11 years to "develop". 

45 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Are you talking about that pass right near the endzone when there was some pretty obvious P.I. on the the defender that would likely have been called if reviewed putting the ball at that spot anyway?

No it was the pass on 3rd and 5 where Miller beat Coleman for like the 5th time and Bears had the ball at the 7 yard line.    At first it looked like a solid catch but on review he was juggling as he fell out.   It was a pretty close play and given the situation he needed to throw his challenge flag.  May not have been overturned but the lost timeout at 3:00 was less valuable than possibly 4th down and forcing the Bears to either go or try a 53 yard FG to tie.  

No fear of a PI call as the refs won’t overturn any calls in the regular season.  That’s been proven many times so far.  

1 hour ago, jb84 said:

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jb84 said:

Seriously? Matthew Stafford was putting up MVP numbers before he got hurt. So trade him for what, a 4th round pick? With his salary and injury concerns, the Lions would be lucky to get that. I really wouldn't be surprised if Matthew walks away, especially if we're forced into another rebuild.