Motor City Sonics

Are you rooting for the Bears on Thursday?

An honest question. 

A real fan has to hold their nose and root for rock bottom because the current regime must go and the only way it's going is more losing.    If they get humiliated on national TV and the stadium is full of Navy Blue instead of Honolulu Blue, it's probably going to happen.    

It's like when my cousin got arrested and went to jail.  I love him, but he needed to hit rock bottom.   He had to hit it a couple of times, but it got him right eventually.   

100% I am! This team needs to bottom out and start over (again) from the front office to the coaching staff to the roster on the field. I won't go crazy if Quinn and Patrica get a third year together, but given how this season has gone and last season went, they should be fired. First Quinn and then Patricia by Quinn's replacement (assuming he doesn't want to keep him). Furthermore, it is time for this team to start playing for draft position. They have a legit shot at being top 5 and getting a Chase Young type of player and no sense in ruining that now, especially if a new GM is in place. I want to give the new front office regime the best draft position possible.

I hope Ford Field is nothing but a sea of Bears fans and empty blue seats on Thursday. Send a message to those clowns in Allen Park that things need to change down there and quickly.

i will never - under any circumstances - root for the bears.

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

An honest question. 

A real fan has to hold their nose and root for rock bottom because the current regime must go and the only way it's going is more losing.    If they get humiliated on national TV and the stadium is full of Navy Blue instead of Honolulu Blue, it's probably going to happen.    

It's like when my cousin got arrested and went to jail.  I love him, but he needed to hit rock bottom.   He had to hit it a couple of times, but it got him right eventually.   

Quite a bit to unpack here...  I'd say maybe just throw out the whole suitcase.

In other words, no. They can lose the rest of the games, but not this one. Especially to that damn team

28 minutes ago, number20 said:

Quite a bit to unpack here...  I'd say maybe just throw out the whole suitcase.

In other words, no. They can lose the rest of the games, but not this one. Especially to that damn team

Sometimes the medicine is very bitter, but it cures the illness in the long run.  

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Lions will be bold and trade two first round picks for Myles Garrett. 

MB post

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Lions will be bold and trade two first round picks for Myles Garrett. 

and when they do, you'll be the first one to tell us all how smart it was to do it.

2 minutes ago, Buddha said:

and when they do, you'll be the first one to tell us all how smart it was to do it.

Depends on what they give up. I wouldn't support two firsts. Beyond what you may think, you probably won't find any posts of me really praising the Flowers deal as I thought it was a lot for a guy who never got double digit sacks but a lot of people here seemed to like it. 

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Depends on what they give up. I wouldn't support two firsts. Beyond what you may think, you probably won't find any posts of me really praising the Flowers deal as I thought it was a lot for a guy who never got double digit sacks but a lot of people here seemed to like it. 

i dont doubt that.

i also dont doubt that if someone else criticized the flowers deal, you would be the first one to say he's been better since week 3 or cite his pff grade.

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

i dont doubt that.

i also dont doubt that if someone else criticized the flowers deal, you would be the first one to say he's been better since week 3 or cite his pff grade.

I would say Flowers is performing almost as well as Khalil Mack and cost $50 million less and didn't require multiple 1st round picks. 

Khalil Mack had an all-time season last year where he was arguably the most dominant player in the league at any position.   He’s not at that ridiculous level this year but he is still playing like one of the top defensive players in the game.   I know PFF had him ranked In the 90’s and top 10 overall In the league.    He’s played significantly better than Flowers this year (or any year for that matter). 

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Khalil Mack had an all-time season last year where he was arguably the most dominant player in the league at any position.   He’s not at that ridiculous level this year but he is still playing like one of the top defensive players in the game.   I know PFF had him ranked In the 90’s and top 10 overall In the league.    He’s played significantly better than Flowers this year (or any year for that matter). 

truth.

but some people wouldnt trade tj ******* hockenson for him.

11 minutes ago, Buddha said:

truth.

but some people wouldnt trade tj ******* hockenson for him.

I would trade Tj Hockenson for him but Oakland would trade him to Chicago for Hockenson and another 1st round pick. 

i love how lions fans look down their noses at a 12-4 division winning season like thats nothing.  as if the lions had actually done that more than ONE TIME IN THEIR ENTIRE FRANCHISE HISTORY.

but hey, we didnt give up two first round picks and they lost a playoff game so jokes on them.

since trading for khalil mack:

bears: 17-10

lions: 9-17-1

bears 3-0 versus lions.

ha!  bears you are losers for making that trade!!!!

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i love how lions fans look down their noses at a 12-4 division winning season like thats nothing.  as if the lions had actually done that more than ONE TIME IN THEIR ENTIRE FRANCHISE HISTORY.

but hey, we didnt give up two first round picks and they lost a playoff game so jokes on them.

I love how Lions fans live in the past and are enamoured at a 12 win season in which they lost to a team with a backup QB. The Bears aren't making the playoffs this year, and provided they don't fix Trubisky, have more questions than answers next year. 

I would trade all of Quinn's 1st round draft picks for Lamar Jackson, Ozzie Newsome, and Eric DeCosta.

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

I'm sure you would trade for a retired GM. Personally, I would just offer a bunch of money to coax him out of retirement.

Of course you ignored the fact that the current GM is also there because you are the master of picking out a single part of a comment and misrepresenting that part ad nauseam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sagnam said:

Of course you ignored the fact that the current GM is also there because you are the master of picking out a single part of a comment and misrepresenting that part ad nauseam.

It just didn't make sense why you would trade for the former GM as well but this is your thing.