Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

11/25/2019 7:00 EST Orlando Magic @ Detroit Pistons

Recommended Posts

11/25/2019 7:00 EST from Detroit, Michigan...

ORL-2020.png  DET-2020.png

Orlando Magic (6-9) at Detroit Pistons (5-11)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vuc and Gordon are out. Orlando has Fultz at PG. He's been alright so far. They also have Michael Carter-Williams, but he's out too. That means is DJ Augustin time, who always seems to kill us. He could make that Piston-killer team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orlando has been pretty disappointing so far, even before the injuries.  I thought they might take a jump forward this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kyrie has only played 11 games, and in the 5 games he's missed brooklyn is 4-1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

16 seems so odd.

Especially since he named 17.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Vlade would draft him?

And if you're like me, you are gonna see that logo and wonder whats up.  Hungry Jacks is the Australian franchise of Burger King.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, leflore said:

The Pistons winning % is up to .353

Best of all Detroit teams

 

Metropolis of Sadness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good shot to go 5-0 in this stretch.  Next four are very winnable games.

Charlotte (x2)

San Antonio

Cleveland

I guess I shouldn't say that since they already lost to Charlotte this year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Heck of a stat line for Embiid last night.

6GbbfMe.png

2019-2020 Season:

Embiid: 21 PPG / 11.8 RPG / 2.9 APG / 1.3 BPG / .9 SPG / 3 TO on a 45/32/69 split, with a 23.43 PER

Drummond: 17.8 PPG / 16.8 RPG / 2.9 APG / 1.8 BPG / 1.6 SPG / 3.9 TO on a 54/0/68 split with a 21.91 PER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

lol

Can't imagine how much more hate Drummond would receive if he was shooting 45% from the field. 

Of course Embiid is the far superior player, but let's not ignore the fact that Drummond is having a really solid year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Can't imagine how much more hate Drummond would receive if he was shooting 45% from the field. 

Of course Embiid is the far superior player, but let's not ignore the fact that Drummond is having a really solid year. 

Drummond deserves a lot more hate for his low FG%.  A guy that rarely shoots further than 5 feet from the basket should be >60% from the field.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Drummond deserves a lot more hate for his low FG%.  A guy that rarely shoots further than 5 feet from the basket should be >60% from the field.  

And Embiid shouldn't be shooting so many 3s when he is a below average 3 point shooter. He is a career 31% 3PT shooter averaging 4 attempts a game. With his skill-set, he should be dominating in the post all game.

Part of this is because Simmons is scared to death to shoot the ball and screws up the geometry on offense, but IMO part of it is that Embiid just makes dumb decisions on the court fairly regularly and is consistently out of shape. He'd rather chuck 3s than bang in the post all game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

And Embiid shouldn't be shooting so many 3s when he is a below average 3 point shooter. He is a career 31% 3PT shooter averaging 4 attempts a game. With his skill-set, he should be dominating in the post all game.

Part of this is because Simmons is scared to death to shoot the ball and screws up the geometry on offense, but IMO part of it is that Embiid just makes dumb decisions on the court fairly regularly and is consistently out of shape. He'd rather chuck 3s than bang in the post all game. 

I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great season should make Dre easy to trade, right?

...or maybe other GMs actually watch the games and understand the difference between stat chasing and playing winning basketball.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Great season should make Dre easy to trade, right?

...or maybe other GMs actually watch the games and understand the difference between stat chasing and playing winning basketball.

If you watch the games, you will see he isn't "stat chasing"...he is literally carrying an injury plagued team. He would be easy to trade if his contract wasn't as big as it is. He is a quality starting Center, and is playing at an All-Star level for the 3rd time in his career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the threshold on when a guy shouldn't take threes?  Like Giannis is taking more this year and last I looked he was at 31 percent but has been getting better the last 10 games.  But for argument sake if 31% is what he ends up being should he still continue to force them or would that be a detriment to his game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

What's the threshold on when a guy shouldn't take threes?  Like Giannis is taking more this year and last I looked he was at 31 percent but has been getting better the last 10 games.  But for argument sake if 31% is what he ends up being should he still continue to force them or would that be a detriment to his game?

I think you break it down by shot.

Giannis is scoring 1.27 points per 2PTA right now and only 0.89 per 3PTA.  This is very basic, not taking into account fouls drawn, etc.  But that says he should stop shooting 3's.  But, they are winning and he needs to develop a 3PT shot so he gets some leeway.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

If you watch the games, you will see he isn't "stat chasing"...he is literally carrying an injury plagued team. He would be easy to trade if his contract wasn't as big as it is. He is a quality starting Center, and is playing at an All-Star level for the 3rd time in his career. 

I watch every game, even the blowouts from start to finish, as I've done since 2001. He doesn't play winning basketball and he does chase stats. Watch him snatch rebounds from teammates, increase his drives to the cup, and take worse shots as the game goes on when he doesn't have his double double yet. It's so predictable at this point after watching it year after year.

But it's not all about the eye test. GMs have countless number crunchers on their payroll and they see more than the total stat line, which is simply a product of usage. There are 41 Centers who play over 20 minutes a game - how does Dre look against them?

  • Usage is in the top 10 at 24.6 - hence the total stats
  • His assist to turnover ratio is in the bottom 10
  • He's responsible for 31% of the team's turnovers
  • Opponents points in the paint are second highest at 34.8
  • Opponents second chance points are highest at 10.1
  • Opponents points off turnovers are highest at 14.2
  • True Shooting percentage 26th (57%)

The fact is that his "All Star" stats are usage based. His offensive possessions would be better served going to somebody else and his defense isn't much better. Yes, he's big and gets a lot of rebounds in a lot of minutes, and guys get out of his way so he can get more.

None of this is high IQ, winning basketball and most NBA GM know it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...