Motor City Sonics

Better Call Saul - Season 5

I think wanting to hire Jimmy is just a band-aid he's using to try and make himself feel better about Chuck. I don't think he needs to hire someone else so I doubt there will be an offer to Kim. I do think Kim will get really mad at Jimm... Saul for not taking the job. 

The used ****ty bowling ball for $30 seemed high, especially 15 years ago, but whatever.  It was a shop full of crap that probably doesn't move quickly, so that price reflects overhead to cover all the crap that doesn't sell.

I think the point of the Namaste license plate is to suggest Howard is into Eastern religion or philosophy and him approaching Jimmy was an attempt to right a wrong in his mind.  Karma.  I think it was sincere enough, I wouldn't read as much into it as others.  No idea if he would want to hire Kim, but that would be a plausible enough suggestion.

I think Kim is on thin ice, and think this play with Jimmy backfires -> Mesa Verde fires her.  I think that drives a further wedge between them and it becomes irreparable.  Beyond that, no idea.

Agree with the speculation on Mike.

15 hours ago, Yoda said:

I think wanting to hire Jimmy is just a band-aid he's using to try and make himself feel better about Chuck. I don't think he needs to hire someone else so I doubt there will be an offer to Kim. I do think Kim will get really mad at Jimm... Saul for not taking the job. 

Key phrase in that conversation was “HHM is growing,” which is shorthand for the firm is in trouble and desperate to add other revenue sources. That’s the impression I got, at least. 

40 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Key phrase in that conversation was “HHM is growing,” which is shorthand for the firm is in trouble and desperate to add other revenue sources. That’s the impression I got, at least. 

Could be, or he was making an excuse as to why he would want to hire Jimmy. Otherwise it would have made no sense. 

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

interesting

Time for both Kim and the show to move on from the Acker guy.  I think we will get a resolution next episode and it won’t be good for Kim.

10 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I think it would be hard to prove.  I think the more likely scenario is she gets fired and her name is Mudd around town.

She gets bounced from Schweikart & Cokely and Howard, desperate to rebuild HHM, brings her back.   It does not go well.     

I have always thought that Jimmy's influence will ruin her rep in ABQ and she'll end up back in Nebraska in the Gene timeline, chasing ambulances - or she does end up working outside the law - in a sad situation somewhere, maybe as an alcoholic.   Jimmy destroys everyone he touches, including himself.      I am wondering about the first scene of the year - the "I'll take care of it myself" about the cab driver.   Is Gene going to hire that scuzzy guy from the nail salon to whack the cab driver?     

(The reference I used here to say Kim would be a meth addict, was a joke poking fun at someone else's theory, but I could see her becoming an alcoholic. - She is going to be the true tragic character of BCS).   

On 3/19/2020 at 9:00 AM, Shelton said:

I really tired of the Kim stuff. 

It kinda just paid off.

Wait, what?

Was that great writing or a completely unearned, jump the shark moment. I can't tell. But Seahorn should get an emmy for this episode. 

Good to see Mike being Mike again. 

I thought the Kim stuff was great throughout the episode.  I wish she hadn't said the final sentence or question about marriage though, at least until next week's episode. Lessened the impact of the minutes before, let's Jimmy off the hook.

22 hours ago, Edman85 said:

It kinda just paid off.

Eh, I’m still not feeling it. 

8 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Eh, I’m still not feeling it. 

I posted this right after the fake commercial. The final scene was dumb.

I think this is Kim's last season.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

So on some level she wants to be played because her mom played her?

I'm hoping next week brings a little clarity to this. I wonder if she's going to end up playing him. 

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

I'm hoping next week brings a little clarity to this. I wonder if she's going to end up playing him. 

Maybe she wants to get married so they don't have to testify against each other.  

21 hours ago, Yoda said:

Wait, what?

Was that great writing or a completely unearned, jump the shark moment. I can't tell. But Seahorn should get an emmy for this episode. 

Good to see Mike being Mike again. 

Michael McKean didn't even get a NOMINATION for the Chicanery episode.   A true crime.  

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Maybe she wants to get married so they don't have to testify against each other.  

DGKp4GGUMAA5BDw.jpg

Another strong episode in a very good season but I’m left wanting a little more.  

I think I’ve made the mistake of putting this show on such a high pedestal that it’s impossible to live up to expectations