Motor City Sonics

Better Call Saul - Season 5

5 hours ago, Oblong said:

I just didn't want to give the impression I was smart enough to remember all the details.

I know

I really want something big to happen to someone from this show as a result of something we saw in BB. 

Kim decides to quit and go back to Omaha. She's on one of the planes that crashed. Something like that. There has to be some sort of twist like that at the end of this series, yeah? 

Until you said that it never occurred to me that Kim's retelling of her backstory to Mr. Acker provided a potential clue of a link to Gene being in Omaha.  She said she lived on the Nebraska/Kansas border didn't she?  Omaha's about 100 miles north of that border... but on the far east end of it.

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

Until you said that it never occurred to me that Kim's retelling of her backstory to Mr. Acker provided a potential clue of a link to Gene being in Omaha.  She said she lived on the Nebraska/Kansas border didn't she?  Omaha's about 100 miles north of that border... but on the far east end of it.

Except it seems like he may be leaving Omaha. 

8 hours ago, Yoda said:

I really want something big to happen to someone from this show as a result of something we saw in BB. 

Kim decides to quit and go back to Omaha. She's on one of the planes that crashed. Something like that. There has to be some sort of twist like that at the end of this series, yeah? 

I never thought of that.  I think it is a brilliant idea really.  Definitely a moment most people would gasp at.  Show the entire lead up to her getting on the plane and then you could even cut to some of the old footage of the explosion and/or the teddy bear flying through the sky landing in the pool.....

Just checked the episode...won't work unfortunately...Saul had that commercial trying to profit off the disaster....if Kim was on it I doubt he does that...or if he does I guess that could show just how far he fell.

22 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Except it seems like he may be leaving Omaha. 

It sounded to me like he was done with running and decided to make a stand.

1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Ah yeah I forgot that part. 

I didn't think about it until now, but that opened the episode and Nacho's father refusing to run ended the episode.

Should have caught that sooner.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Maybe Kim being nearby is why he had that change of heart?

6 hours ago, Oblong said:

No wonder Gene is living in the great state of Kansas.

On 3/3/2020 at 1:25 PM, Oblong said:

I didn't know the significance at first but in a review by Sipenwal he said Werner said it was his father that built it.

I was going crazy trying to figure out who the old man Acker was... it is Barry Corbin.   

Yep,  unmistakable voice.    "Ms Wexler, after careful consideration I've come to the conclusion that your new legal system sucks"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Yep,  unmistakable voice.    "Ms Wexler, after careful consideration I've come to the conclusion that your new legal system sucks"

And we were watching that movie shortly before watching BCS

On 3/4/2020 at 8:30 PM, Oblong said:

And we were watching that movie shortly before watching BCS

And I believe Barry is reprising his role as Astronaut Maurice Minnifield on the new Northern Exposure.    

I saw Barry Corbin's name in the opening credits and spent the whole episode waiting for Corbin Bernsen to show up... ?

1 hour ago, Tigertown Rats said:

I saw Barry Corbin's name in the opening credits and spent the whole episode waiting for Corbin Bernsen to show up... ?

That happened to me with the Hatfields and McCoys miniseries.  I kept waiting for Tom Berenger.... didn't realize he got old and fat.  Like the third episode in I finally went to imdb.com

I don't really watch AMC except for BCS and I hadn't read anything about the upcoming season offline. So I didn't know in advance Hank was going to be in this season. Was this widely known/promoted?

Has anyone thought about signing up for AMC premiere? I am considering it for this show to get it without the ads. Apparently, the show goes live on the service at the same time it airs, but you can watch it without ads, and therefore you would finish watching it before it finishes airing on the live channel. It’s not like that is a huge benefit or anything, but kind of interesting. The ad breaks on this show are really annoying. It seems like for the first half there may be one break, and then for the second half of the show there seems to be an ad every four or five minutes. 

Is a used bowling ball really worth $30? I would think you could get all 3 for that. Also, that scene reminded me of Pulp Fiction when Butch was trying out different weapons.

Pretty fascinating episode. Mike obviously wants to be punished and he got it. 

I really like Kim but they couldn't have come up with a less interesting plot line for her. Does anyone care if the old man leaves on his own? I guess it's a device to show us har far she's willing to bend her personal ethics when it comes to Saul? Or maybe we see how far she won't bend? I would assume there's going to be some sort of payoff there. If nothing else it further shows how she cares more about the clients whereas Saul only cares about getting paid, but we already know this. 

No Nacho this week. 

New ones can easily run close to 200.00 depending.  You can buy brand new ones for like 50.00 though.

It was a decent episode.  I feel like Mike goes from wanting to pamper his daughter in law and grandchild to wanting to show them what "real life" is all about.  At least from that outburst episode until now.

Kim is all over the place.  I think her intentions are obvious though.  At least if the story she told about her childhood was true and not made up.  She secretly resents working for the "big guy", but feels compelled to do her best for them because of her ethics which are slowly diminishing the more she hangs with Jimmy I think.

8 hours ago, John_Brian_K said:

New ones can easily run close to 200.00 depending.  You can buy brand new ones for like 50.00 though.

It was a decent episode.  I feel like Mike goes from wanting to pamper his daughter in law and grandchild to wanting to show them what "real life" is all about.  At least from that outburst episode until now.

Kim is all over the place.  I think her intentions are obvious though.  At least if the story she told about her childhood was true and not made up.  She secretly resents working for the "big guy", but feels compelled to do her best for them because of her ethics which are slowly diminishing the more she hangs with Jimmy I think.

I think Kim is about to lose her job (because there is no way everyone doesn't figure out her live-in boyfriend lawyered up for General Berringer of NORAD).........and SHE'S the one that goes back to HHM -- as a partner, which is a way to work Howard back into the show.

I  think Mike knew he was going to get a beating and believes he deserves it for killing Werner.   I don't believe he realized he would get stabbed. 

And where did he wake up?   All I know is that in the quick flash of a scene from next week where he looks up and asks where he is - the guy he's talking too has a bit of a gut and I believe that is Gus' doctor friend who saved his life when he poisoned the cartel.  I believe Gus has had eyes on Mike since they split and when Mike got stabbed they took care of the guys who stabbed him and saved Mike's life. 

And every time Tucumcari is mentioned I keep thinking of the Little Feat song "Willin'"    "I've been from Tucscon to Tucumcari  

15 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I think Kim is about to lose her job (because there is no way everyone doesn't figure out her live-in boyfriend lawyered up for General Berringer of NORAD).........and SHE'S the one that goes back to HHM -- as a partner, which is a way to work Howard back into the show.

I  think Mike knew he was going to get a beating and believes he deserves it for killing Werner.   I don't believe he realized he would get stabbed. 

And where did he wake up?   All I know is that in the quick flash of a scene from next week where he looks up and asks where he is - the guy he's talking too has a bit of a gut and I believe that is Gus' doctor friend who saved his life when he poisoned the cartel.  I believe Gus has had eyes on Mike since they split and when Mike got stabbed they took care of the guys who stabbed him and saved Mike's life. 

And every time Tucumcari is mentioned I keep thinking of the Little Feat song "Willin'"    "I've been from Tucscon to Tucumcari 

Almost positive this is correct. 

I don't think Howard gets a happy ending. He's been too big of an ******* in the past and this show doesn't typically reward those guys. I doubt Kim goes there. Though if she does, it's one more nail in the coffin for her and Saul.

It's so weird how Saul was always Saul but this show made it feel weird to call him Saul. He's Jimmy now. It's a bit of a mind****. 

2 hours ago, Yoda said:

Almost positive this is correct. 

I don't think Howard gets a happy ending. He's been too big of an ******* in the past and this show doesn't typically reward those guys. I doubt Kim goes there. Though if she does, it's one more nail in the coffin for her and Saul.

It's so weird how Saul was always Saul but this show made it feel weird to call him Saul. He's Jimmy now. It's a bit of a mind****. 

Well, yeah, I think there is an end coming for Kim and Jim and going back to HHM might be it.    We know Jimmy is not going back.  But I do think she is going to get fired for helping the old guy.    Ms. Wexler, take us to DefCon 2.   We might just have to go through with this.   

59 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Well, yeah, I think there is an end coming for Kim and Jim and going back to HHM might be it.    We know Jimmy is not going back.  But I do think she is going to get fired for helping the old guy.    Ms. Wexler, take us to DefCon 2.   We might just have to go through with this.   

I think she gets addicted to meth and goes back to Nebraska. 

15 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

All good thoughts IMO.  Interesting take if Kim does go back to HHM...it will also add stress to her relationship with jimmy because Jimmy hates Howard so much.

I think they will TRY to redeem Howard the way shows like GOT tried to redeem Jamie Lannister....doubt they have enough time to make that happen though.  GOT had from the very first season to the last season to make that work.  They JUST introduced Howard as someone trying to redeem himself...probably not enough show time left for it to work proper..(properly!)

8 hours ago, John_Brian_K said:

All good thoughts IMO.  Interesting take if Kim does go back to HHM...it will also add stress to her relationship with jimmy because Jimmy hates Howard so much.

I think they will TRY to redeem Howard the way shows like GOT tried to redeem Jamie Lannister....doubt they have enough time to make that happen though.  GOT had from the very first season to the last season to make that work.  They JUST introduced Howard as someone trying to redeem himself...probably not enough show time left for it to work proper..(properly!)

Maybe that the idea is that Howard WANTS to redeem himself but he'll go back to being Howard.   I think the guy is a mess deep down and he's fooling himself.