MAROTH4MVP

Lions @ Redskins

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

can we get an apology from all the stafford haters who say any qb could do what he did for this team?  as we can see, stafford was the only thing keeping this team from being one of the worst teams in the league.

and that should say all you need to know about the job bob quinn and matt patricia have done.  

I can see the Lions winning all 3 games he missed. At least 2 of them. (It is the Lions)

Sheesh, everyone. Relax. Sure, today's loss seems like a another Lion low. But it's all part of the greater 60-year strategy. Forrest for the trees, fellas

• Haha 1

Once again when the opponent needs to make a big 3rd down play there is always an open receiver running a crossing pattern.  Every. Single. Game.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

titans are about to be 6-5 with ryan freaking tannehill at qb.  

I've read this 3 times and still laugh everytime I come to it. 

6 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Once again when the opponent needs to make a big 3rd down play there is always an open receiver running a crossing pattern.  Every. Single. Game.

Bend but don't break. Man to man coverage with very little QB pressure. You count on the other team making mistakes, either penalties, turnovers, not executing or other mistakes. It's not a very good defense though. Let's blame the players though, not the scheme.

38 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Bend but don't break. Man to man coverage with very little QB pressure. You count on the other team making mistakes, either penalties, turnovers, not executing or other mistakes

good strategy against a mid-major college team.

The disputed call against the Lions versus the Packers in Week 5 now seems like the most meaningless big play ever.

39 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Bend but don't break. Man to man coverage with very little QB pressure. You count on the other team making mistakes, either penalties, turnovers, not executing or other mistakes. It's not a very good defense though. Let's blame the players though, not the scheme.

It's the same scheme New England is using on their all time great defense. They play even more man than the Lions. 

23 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

It's the same scheme New England is using on their all time great defense. They play even more man than the Lions. 

The patriots have Gilmore, McCourty, an excellent linebacking corps etc etc. The Lions have Slay when he feels like playing and well that's about it.

4 hours ago, Buddha said:

why fire them after the thanksgiving game?  whats the point?  are the lions going to turn things around after thanksgiving when theyre 3-8-1?  

let then die on the vine and get fired after the last game.

If you fire Patricia after the Thanksgiving game, it gives you time to evaluate Bevell as interim head coach. 

It also gives you time to talk informally with various coaching agents to find out who is receptive and who is not. I would rather not end the season, then make the decision, and lose that additional time for a search.

I don’t think they would need to fire Quinn at the same time, but if Patricia is going, why not. Give his #2 the interim role and get on with a new search.

1 hour ago, Jason_R said:

If you fire Patricia after the Thanksgiving game, it gives you time to evaluate Bevell as interim head coach. 

It also gives you time to talk informally with various coaching agents to find out who is receptive and who is not. I would rather not end the season, then make the decision, and lose that additional time for a search.

I don’t think they would need to fire Quinn at the same time, but if Patricia is going, why not. Give his #2 the interim role and get on with a new search.

they can ask those same coaching agents now.  

3 hours ago, lordstanley said:

The disputed call against the Lions versus the Packers in Week 5 now seems like the most meaningless big play ever.

I still think the season would have been different if they ended up winning that game

I don't think Patricia should be fired before Quinn. If you've made the decision to fire Patricia than Quinn should go first and the next GM brought in should get to decide Patricia's job. Quinn built this lousy roster and hired this mediocre coach, he should be the one who goes first.

The GM who replaces Quinn should get full autonomy to do whatever he wants. From firing Patricia to trading Stafford and starting over I expect that GM to have full autonomy over every single football decision.

10 hours ago, Buddha said:

they can ask those same coaching agents now.  

Maybe... I’m sure the agents are less scrupulous about these things than the coaches, who at least say publicly that they won’t consider a job that is already occupied. 

But if you are the Lions franchise, it may send a negative message to the league about how you treat your staff if you are actively advertising a job that is filled. That word gets around fast. 

Beat the good teams? Detroit can’t even beat the bad teams anymore. Washington is awful. Even with Stafford hurt, the Lions should have won. 

Is Quinn going to fire Patricia? Is Lions owner Martha Firestone Ford going to fire both of them?

She should. She probably won’t.

These are the Lions. They not only hired Matt Millen to run the team once-upon-a-time because he sounded good calling games on television, they even extended him despite clear proof he had no idea what he was doing. That ended with an 0-16 season.

About the only guy who the Ford Family ever held to a high standard was Jim Caldwell. 

Thanksgiving is Thursday, which is the franchise’s annual moment of national relevance. In reality, much of that is people around the country asking why this forever losing franchise gets to cling to the coveted 12:30 time slot each Turkey Day and force America to watch it.

It’s a reasonable question. 

This is a franchise that has won a single playoff game since 1957, a level of futility that defies belief. The only reason they aren’t famous for their heartbreak (the way losers such as the Cleveland Browns or Chicago Cubs have been) is because they never even get in position to have their heart broken. 

They just always lose. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/matt-patricia-era-another-lions-disaster-020127977.html

I like how they always bring up Millen. That was the previous owner. Martha fired Mayhew after a 7-9 season and one season removed from 11 wins. I think Quinn is allowed one more coaching change.

Here's my bold coaching prediction. Bill Belichick coaches the Lions next year. Tom Brady, although playing at a high level, has looked like he has regressed some and may decide to retire. He's also in the last year of his contract so Brady may decide to play for a west coast team like the Chargers. Belichick decides to part ways as well. His legacy will forever be linked to Brady so he decides to go to Detroit where it all started. His New England guy is already in place and he has a franchise QB to work with. It would be like when Phil Jackson left the Bulls for the Lakers.

Can you imagine Bill Belichick becoming Lionized. Lions at their opponents 40 on 4th and inches and he opts to punt.

11 hours ago, kgeorge78 said:

I still think the season would have been different if they ended up winning that game

That's when the org quit on the season... Did the same last season.

This current regime is broken. 

17 hours ago, sagnam said:

I love that Haskins was so happy to get his first win that the team couldn't find him to take a knee on the last snap.

He missed the last play of the game because he was taking a selfie with a fan. He thought the game was over

18 hours ago, Buddha said:

i would be real surprised if bob quinn took a de with the #1 pick.

If Quinn passes on Chase Young, he should get fired on the spot and never work in this league again. That kid is a game wrecker to the max.

Anyway, we all know the Lions won't be in a position to take Young as they win a few meaningless late season games for pride or whatever the ****.

Brycen Hopkins is the top rated TE thus far, so he has to be on Quinn's short list given the utmost importance of the position and how bad our current corps look. :/

16 minutes ago, NYLion said:

If Quinn passes on Chase Young, he should get fired on the spot and never work in this league again. That kid is a game wrecker to the max.

Anyway, we all know the Lions won't be in a position to take Young as they win a few meaningless late season games for pride or whatever the ****.

If Josh Allen fell to the Lions in this past years draft and Quinn still took TJ over Allen (which I think he was all set to do) would that have been a fireable offence in your mind?