MAROTH4MVP

Lions @ Redskins

Not gonna get the number 1 pick but with this loss I think we still have an outside chance at the 2nd pick.  Cincy will obviously take a QB(likely BUrrow unless Tua makes some sorta miraculous recovery) so we could be in line for Chase Young.   

2 minutes ago, Buddha said:

can we get an apology from all the stafford haters who say any qb could do what he did for this team?  as we can see, stafford was the only thing keeping this team from being one of the worst teams in the league.

and that should say all you need to know about the job bob quinn and matt patricia have done.  

Rookie quarterback on a 1-9 team vs. Rocket Science.  No contest.

5 minutes ago, Aaron said:

At this point we have to root for losses. 

Why? We have our franchise TE.

• Thanks 1

why fire them after the thanksgiving game?  whats the point?  are the lions going to turn things around after thanksgiving when theyre 3-8-1?  

let then die on the vine and get fired after the last game.

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Not gonna get the number 1 pick but with this loss I think we still have an outside chance at the 2nd pick.  Cincy will obviously take a QB(likely BUrrow unless Tua makes some sorta miraculous recovery) so we could be in line for Chase Young.   

i would be real surprised if bob quinn took a de with the #1 pick.

Just now, Buddha said:

why fire them after the thanksgiving game?  whats the point?  are the lions going to turn things around after thanksgiving when theyre 3-8-1?  

let then die on the vine and get fired after the last game.

To show that  you are paying attention.   If they lose on Thanksgiving and more than half that crowd are Bear fans (they have their own problems this year) and you do nothing - as I have said before - the anger will turn to apathy and apathy lasts longer and costs more.  

6 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Don't be silly.  Chase Young is not a tight end, a slow defensive back, or a 1960s-type linebacker.  He isn't even a serviceable long snapper.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

i would be real surprised if bob quinn took a de with the #1 pick.

If Tua didn't get injured I wouldn't have been opposed to taking him(or Burrow) with the 2nd pick.  

14 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

To show that  you are paying attention.   If they lose on Thanksgiving and more than half that crowd are Bear fans (they have their own problems this year) and you do nothing - as I have said before - the anger will turn to apathy and apathy lasts longer and costs more.  

lions fans wont be back this year no matter what they do.

and they will be back next year no matter what they do.

if they came back after matt millen and 0-16 they will always come back.  nothing the fords do to "show theyre paying attention" means anything without Ws.

13 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

If Tua didn't get injured I wouldn't have been opposed to taking him(or Burrow) with the 2nd pick.  

the only way they should take a qb that high is if stafford can no longer play.

they have a really really good qb.  you dont take another qb with a top 5 pick when you already have a top qb.  thats nonsensical.

knowing quinn, he'll take a cb or a left tackle, which are also positions of need for the lions.

18 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I don't think it will be Quinn's decision to make 

i dont think it should be his decision to make but since this is the lions, i suspect he will still be the one making the pick.

I love that Haskins was so happy to get his first win that the team couldn't find him to take a knee on the last snap.  Considering what the Panthers did in New Orleans this week he might not get to experience this again this year.

23 minutes ago, sagnam said:

I love that Haskins was so happy to get his first win that the team couldn't find him to take a knee on the last snap.  Considering what the Panthers did in New Orleans this week he might not get to experience this again this year.

What did the Panthers do? 

Well I have to say that my first time seeing the Lions in person was everything I imagined it would be. 

Detroit is the Rutgers of professional sports...management, talent, all of it.

34 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What did the Panthers do? 

Lost by 3 despite missing 2 extra points and then a short field goal with under 2 minutes left after having 1st and goal.

titans are about to be 6-5 with ryan freaking tannehill at qb.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

titans are about to be 6-5 with ryan freaking tannehill at qb.  

Let’s revisit that decision to hire Patricia in a year Vrabel was on the market. 

8 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Let’s revisit that decision to hire Patricia in a year Vrabel was on the market. 

Lets revisit hiring any Belichick assistant.  Have any of them had more than a playoff win here or there?   

5 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Lets revisit hiring any Belichick assistant.  Have any of them had more than a playoff win here or there?   

if belichick doesnt come too, there's no point in hiring anyone from new england.

if the bears embarrass the lions on turkey day, i'd be curious to see if the mcs prediction comes true.  that said, the bears are so bad that i doubt that happens.

and doesnt ron wood have to be fired too?  he's the genius that got you quinn.

Hockenson will turn into Gronk next year and then it's on to the Super Bowl.

18 minutes ago, Buddha said:

and doesnt ron wood have to be fired too?  he's the genius that got you quinn.

He was busy on a world tour with the Stones when that happened.      

Ernie Accorsi had more to do with the hiring of Quinn.   Wood has more to do with the business end - he's not a football guy.  If the Lions did fire everyone they would hire a headhunter to find the next GM.    

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

It's only a four day turnaround until the next game and that is the only reason Matt Patricia will have his job tomorrow. 

Yeah, we wish.