Casimir

11/20/2019 8:00 EST Detroit Pistons at Chicago Bulls

11/20/2019 8:00 EST from Chicago, Illinois...

DET-2020.png  CHI-2020.png

Detroit Pistons (4-9) at Chicago Bulls (4ish-9ish)

Chicago hosts Milwaukee on Monday.  They'll have played more games than the Pistons.  Thus ends the streak of being in first place of games played.  It was a darn good run while it lasted.

These organizations are pretty similar.  One or two championship era's.  Complete jokes the rest of the time.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

These organizations are pretty similar.  One or two championship era's.  Complete jokes the rest of the time.

the bulls' history is one player.

the rest of the time they've been awful with a couple years of regular season success and playoff failure.

the pistons at least have two periods of dominance interspersed with abject failure.

58 minutes ago, Buddha said:

the bulls' history is one player.

the rest of the time they've been awful with a couple years of regular season success and playoff failure.

the pistons at least have two periods of dominance interspersed with abject failure.

I'll take one period and double the titles over what the Pistons have done.

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Avoiding teal gives the Bulls the upper hand as well.

Lebron and D. Wade send their kid to the same high school in California.  It will be on one of the ESPN channels 15 times this year.  That is more than most NBA teams.

And it isn't because of those two kids.  They have two kids who are 5* recruits and one 4*.  Yet they are only ranked 8th in the country?  What the **** is going on in high school basketball?

19 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The Bulls only beat the Pistons when they were older and injured.

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

The Bulls only beat the Pistons when they were a better team. 

It was definitely a beat up past their prime Pistons though. They were treading water that entire season. The Bulls were primed to beat them eventually but that was a watered down version of The Bad Boys.

That's true, those teams were on the backside of their prime. The only dynasties back then that played each other in their prime was the Lakers and Celtics.

Also, my original post was more in jest than anything even though there's an element of truth to it. Obviously I'm not going to argue that The Bad Boys dynasty was better than the Jordan dynasty.

The Lakers were in their prime still when Detroit beat them.  Unfortunately Magic got hurt in game 1 and didn't play again that series.

But they won 63 the next year and lost to a good Phoenix team.  The year after that they were back in the finals again.   So I would say Jordan beat them in their prime.  They fell off a cliff the next year but that happens when Magic announces he has HIV.

That's fair. The power was actually in the west in 1991 (lost of people thought Lakers-Blazers was the NBA finals) and the Bulls beating the Lakers especially that convincingly was a surprise. I think Portland was probably the best team in the league that season, that was the best of the early 90s Blazers teams even though the other 2 teams went further. Talk about a hard luck franchise.

32 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Larry Bird.

He might average 35 a game with how often people shoot the three now.

but then he'd have to guard athletic wings.  i wonder how he'd hold up?  i wonder if he'd be a center?

33 minutes ago, Buddha said:

but then he'd have to guard athletic wings.  i wonder how he'd hold up?  i wonder if he'd be a center?

That's true.  I could see him playing some C as long as it wasn't against big guys like Drummond.

BTW, your guy had 28/5/4 tonight for The Drive.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

That's true.  I could see him playing some C as long as it wasn't against big guys like Drummond.

BTW, your guy had 28/5/4 tonight for The Drive.

he'll soon be your guy too.

one day over baguettes we'll reminisce about the multiple championships we won with sekou...