RedRamage

Myles Garrett suspended rest of season at least.

Here's a Detnews story on it: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2019/11/15/cleveland-browns-myles-garrett-suspended-rest-season-using-helmet-as-weapon/4202755002/

Suspensions (according the link above):

• Browns defensive end Myles Garrett was suspended for at least the rest of the regular season and postseason by the NFL on Friday for using a helmet “as a weapon” and striking Pittsburgh quarterback Mason Rudolph in the head.
  • Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey was suspended three games for punching and kicking Garrett
  • Browns defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi was suspended for one game. He shoved Rudolph to the ground from behind during the melee.

Now, looking at the video in the above tweet, I'm a little surprised that Rudolph didn't get some punishment as well.  Maybe not a suspension, but a fine wouldn't be out of line.  It's pretty clear that Rudolph was trying to rip off Garrett's helmet (see 20-25 second mark in video).  Obviously this does not excuse Garrett at all... but my guess is Rudolph's actions caused Garrett to lose it.

Again, clearly does NOT excuse Garrett ripping off Rudolph's helmet (two wrong's don't make a right) and absolutely does not excuse him hitting Rudolph with the helmet after words.

It looks like Rudolf drove his spikes hard  into Garret's groin when Garret wouldn't get off him. Maybe justified self-defense but it might help explain Garrett going so ballistic.

Whenever I see a guys hands go up like that in sports IMMEDIATELY after someone does something to them I immediately think the dude was spewing some pretty hateful stuff to get a rise out of the person.

On 11/15/2019 at 2:43 PM, RedRamage said:
I'm a little surprised that Rudolph didn't get some punishment as well.  Maybe not a suspension, but a fine wouldn't be out of line.  It's pretty clear that Rudolph was trying to rip off Garrett's helmet (see 20-25 second mark in video). 

I'm with this.