kdog

Lions at Bears 11/10

5 minutes ago, JAYB said:

Odd... He said he was fine.

So the guy plays in a meaningless 2nd half of last season with a similar/same injury. Why did he play then? Why sit him now? Very poor management imo. 

The Lions aren't sitting him. The doctors aren't allowing him to play. Clearly, this injury is more severe than the one last year. 

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Lions aren't sitting him. The doctors aren't allowing him to play. Clearly, this injury is more severe than the one last year. 

I definitely don't know.. But looking from the outside in, it seems he should have sat last season. 

Just now, JAYB said:

I definitely don't know.. But looking from the outside in, it seems he should have sat last season. 

Why? Apparently doctors cleared him to play last year. What difference would sitting last year make this year? I know it's in vogue right now to blame Lions management for everything, but this is clearly a medical situation. If he were cleared to play, he would be playing. 

Patricia and Quinn are making their last stand. 

It seems Patricia has lost the defense, based on the quotes the last couple of weeks.  Which makes sense.  The defense has made zero adjustments throughout the season and has been exposed because of it.  Really, it is surprising that Patricia has been incapable of making adjustments.  He was known for it.  

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Why? Apparently doctors cleared him to play last year. What difference would sitting last year make this year? I know it's in vogue right now to blame Lions management for everything, but this is clearly a medical situation. If he were cleared to play, he would be playing. 

Because it appears to be the same injury. 

1 minute ago, JAYB said:

Because it appears to be the same injury. 

So sitting last year for a game would have prevented another injury a year later? 

8 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

It seems Patricia has lost the defense, based on the quotes the last couple of weeks.  Which makes sense.  The defense has made zero adjustments throughout the season and has been exposed because of it.  Really, it is surprising that Patricia has been incapable of making adjustments.  He was known for it.  

nyah.  this gives them cover.

i mean, i agree that the defense has been a disaster and quinn/patricia should be blamed for it, but not having stafford lets them off the hook.

if stafford has broken bones in his back and the doctors arent clearing him this week, why would they clear him any time the rest of the season?  do bones heal that quickly?

Well, I guess things can return to normal around here. Back to arguing over how our sh** team is better than another sh** team because our embarrassing losses aren’t as bad as that team’s embarrassing losses (this is how fans of sh** teams talk)

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Yes, I could see the Lions telling him to play with broken bones in his back. Par for the course.

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

To be fair, I'm not sure the Lions have the worst QB in this matchup. 

Look up what Trubisky did in Chicago against the Lions last year. 355 passing yards with 3 TD passes. And the Lions 2019 defense is worse. So yeah, they're equal.  SMH

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

if stafford has broken bones in his back and the doctors arent clearing him this week, why would they clear him any time the rest of the season?  do bones heal that quickly?

Stafford probably has all the money he needs for his and his children's life. Call it a career while he still has some mobility. Those aches and pains when you're in your 20's and 30's become much more severe when you're in your 50's and 60's. Walk away Matt, this franchise will never win anyway. Or...you could wait until a week before training camp starts to retire.

For those already throwing in the towel and thinking about tanking the rest of the year, looking at the standings it seems like we will be hard pressed to do any better than the 6th pick even if we were to lose out cause I don't see any of those 0 or 1 win teams winning 3 more games.   

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

For those already throwing in the towel and thinking about tanking the rest of the year, looking at the standings it seems like we will be hard pressed to do any better than the 6th pick even if we were to lose out cause I don't see any of those 0 or 1 win teams winning 3 more games.   

But maybe it would get us a clean sweep of the front office and our coaches. Lions fans biggest hope, in my lifetime, has been in the next coach.

4 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Not to worry, the lions know how to waste picks no matter where they are picking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Not to worry, the lions know how to waste picks no matter where they are picking.

A little off topic but a buddy of mine just showed me this link that had the highest consensus pre draft grades among prospects since 2002.  There have been only 5 prospects in that time to get a "transcendent star" grade, 2 of them were Lions picks in Calvin and Suh.  The other 3 were Luck, Peppers and Joe Thomas.    

Also among the top 40 prospects since then 4 of them were Lions pick, Calvin, Suh, Roy Williams and Charles Rogers.   Stafford came in at number 92 which was the 9th rated QB.  

2 hours ago, Jason_R said:

This season is officially a disaster. 

The season was already a disaster. The Diggs trade and doing nothing to address running back signalled that Quinn was already looking towards next season if not throwing the towel in on this season.

If Stafford's back is indeed a problem, there's no need to play him again this season.

32 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

A little off topic but a buddy of mine just showed me this link that had the highest consensus pre draft grades among prospects since 2002.  There have been only 5 prospects in that time to get a "transcendent star" grade, 2 of them were Lions picks in Calvin and Suh.  The other 3 were Luck, Peppers and Joe Thomas.    

Also among the top 40 prospects since then 4 of them were Lions pick, Calvin, Suh, Roy Williams and Charles Rogers.   Stafford came in at number 92 which was the 9th rated QB.  

the problems the Lions have always had in the draft is less missing on the obvious picks early , than just not getting enough out of each draft as a whole. Some analysts defend the Lions as being not that much worse than average, but that misses the point that if you are a bad team that wants to get better, your drafting had better rise to a level above average or you aren't going anywhere, and so far the Lions haven't in a long time.

1 hour ago, T&P_Fan said:

Nah. Both will be back next season. If anything, the Stafford injury will give them a bit of a free pass.

1 minute ago, T&P_Fan said:

We all know bevells play calling led to staffords injury.  

Actually, with our offensive line history, it's amazing he even made it this long. Love him or hate him, we can agree he's a tough SOB.

34 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

the problems the Lions have always had in the draft is less missing on the obvious picks early , than just not getting enough out of each draft as a whole. Some analysts defend the Lions as being not that much worse than average, but that misses the point that if you are a bad team that wants to get better, your drafting had better rise to a level above average or you aren't going anywhere, and so far the Lions haven't in a long time.

What obvious picks did they miss early? Stafford, Suh and Johnson were the best possible they could have made.