kdog

Lions at Bears 11/10

If they lose this game to the Bears I’m coming after Patricia. I have a particular set of skills

i have a bad feeling that this is the game the bears realize that trubisky's only talent is to run the ball so they finally just let him run read options all day.  the lions terrible linebackers and man coverage corners get burned on qb runs and all i get to hear about in chicago all week is how awesome trubisky is.

5 hours ago, kdog said:

Trubisky on pace for a career game.

So is David Blough.  Darrell Bevell's offensive game plan is to play only second- and third-string guys, as the Bears will have little or no film on them and will thus be at even more of a disadvantage than the Raiders were on the Lions' final play last Sunday.

15 hours ago, Buddha said:

i have a bad feeling that this is the game the bears realize that trubisky's only talent is to run the ball so they finally just let him run read options all day.  the lions terrible linebackers and man coverage corners get burned on qb runs and all i get to hear about in chicago all week is how awesome trubisky is.

Diggs was all out against Patricia in his “exit interview” with Birkett.

Then with Slay telling the press that the pieces are in the wrong places, it seems Patricia may have been close to having a mutiny on his hands. 

They don’t have forever to get Patricia’s guys in there, especially if they cost $90 million a piece. 

I'm sure Diggs was completely innocent too. All teams have their locker room issues. Diggs is going to a place where their last safety literally flipped off the coach on the field during a game. 

1 hour ago, Jason_R said:

Diggs was all out against Patricia in his “exit interview” with Birkett.

Then with Slay telling the press that the pieces are in the wrong places, it seems Patricia may have been close to having a mutiny on his hands. 

They don’t have forever to get Patricia’s guys in there, especially if they cost $90 million a piece. 

The ultimate Patrica guy was put in place in Trey Flowers and he's been an expensive waste this year. We have one of the league's worst pass rushes with the Rocket Scientists pieces in place. The clock is ticking and fast on Patrica and Quinn. I had incorrectly assumed that it would be an under performing offensive system that would do him in. Nope, it is his own doing on defense.

7 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm sure Diggs was completely innocent too. All teams have their locker room issues. Diggs is going to a place where their last safety literally flipped off the coach on the field during a game. 

IIRC the situation in Seattle was a bit different. You’re talking about Earl Thomas getting a career threatening injury almost at the end of his contract, when the team wouldn’t move an inch toward re-signing him, right?

Diggs got paid, and was made a defensive captain. And while I have argued elsewhere that obvious decline in his play would be a reason why the team might look to shop him, it still makes Patricia look bad to have his two longest-tenured DBs (not including Glover Quin) complaining about him. 

If he’s a defensive genius, his players ought to be the first ones to know it. 

They are holding on for deal with even with a win but I think Chicago runs all over the Lions and this might be Patricias last chance to save the locker room.

They played hard all year until recently but a win will extend what little hope I have.

Trey Flowers is on pace for 8 sacks, 6 forced fumbles, top 15 in total tackles among edge guys and has been far and away our best run defender(and one of the better ones at his position in the league) according to the metrics.   Were we hoping for more?  Sure, but he's been getting better as the season has gone on so by the end of the year his numbers may end up being right about what we hoped for.   Him being this giant disaster has been an overrated narrative imo.  

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Trey Flowers is on pace for 8 sacks, 6 forced fumbles, top 15 in total tackles among edge guys and has been far and away our best run defender(and one of the better ones at his position in the league) according to the metrics.   Were we hoping for more?  Sure, but he's been getting better as the season has gone on so by the end of the year his numbers may end up being right about what we hoped for.   Him being this giant disaster has been an overrated narrative imo.  

Yeah, not a giant disaster.  No more than a run-of-the-mill Lions disaster.

15 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Did someone say giant disaster?

Tank city. At this point it may be time to start competing for a good draft slot.

sad what happened to the season.  After the KC game i was sky high.  

Bad Reffing ended the season and now its not even worth watching.  

******* disaster.

Odd... He said he was fine.

So the guy plays in a meaningless 2nd half of last season with a similar/same injury. Why did he play then? Why sit him now? Very poor management imo. 

One question.  Who the **** is Jeff Driskell?

Atleast we didn’t draft Trubisky ahead of Mahomes and Watson.