davidsb

2020 Modern Baseball Era Ballot Announced

9 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Dombrowski says voters are happy with the Hall of Fame as it is and they do not expect to add any players this year.   However, he did say they are always looking to make the Hall of Fame a better place and if there was an opportunity to add a quality player, they will consider it.  

LOL - you definitely had me for second there.

16 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Dombrowski says voters are happy with the Hall of Fame as it is and they do not expect to add any players this year.   However, he did say they are always looking to make the Hall of Fame a better place and if there was an opportunity to add a quality player, they will consider it.  

I wish I had done this

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

Brilliant.

3 hours ago, tiger337 said:

2 hours ago, Oblong said:

I wish I had done this

LOL ..while imagining in my mind the look on DD's face upon reading that and immediately exclaiming "I wish I had actually said that!"

On 12/2/2019 at 12:04 PM, theroundsquare said:

For me,  the challenge is trying to figure out which voters are most likely to vote for Lou, and which voters are least likely to vote for Lou.

I think Carew, Yount, Brett, Eck, Dombrowski are most likely to vote for Lou.  I think Murray is somewhat likely.  That is 6 of the required 12 votes in Lou's favor.

Ozzie played in the NL and may be more apt to vote for NL players because he played with them regularly.  Thus, am thinking Ozzie is one of the least likely to vote for Lou.

As of right now, 6 most likely vs 1 least likely .. for Lou.

I have done some research on the other voters ..but want to do just a little bit more.  Am not familiar enough with the rest to know whether they may or may not lean toward American League / Detroit Tiger player Lou Whitaker.  

Ozzie Smith was originally drafted by the Tigers.  He will cast a vote about Lou.

Well if Lou doesn't get in at least we know who's house's to toilet paper. Maybe even a bag of lit dog **** on the front porch.