Sign in to follow this  
syrett4

2020 Topps Design is Out

Has a Fleer Ultra, Upper Deck, Stadium Club kind of look. But I feel that way about most of the borderless Topps.

Pretty much on par with the past few years, not great, not terrible.  I could do without the fragments at the top of the name ribbon, and the gray-out on the left side.  Many of the recent years have had similar non-baseball-relevant touches, mostly distracting.  

On 11/4/2019 at 6:04 PM, Los Gatos said:

Has a Fleer Ultra, Upper Deck, Stadium Club kind of look. But I feel that way about most of the borderless Topps.

Pretty much on par with the past few years, not great, not terrible.  I could do without the fragments at the top of the name ribbon, and the gray-out on the left side.  Many of the recent years have had similar non-baseball-relevant touches, mostly distracting.  

Agreed, looks more like a Bowman than a Topps.  I think when I do my 2020 customs, I will leave out all the fluff and keep the team logo and name plate.  Much cleaner.

Not totally in love with the 2020 baseball design so I took some creative liberties....

2020 Topps Gardenhire.jpg

2020 Topps Haase.jpg

2020 Topps Skubal.jpg

On 11/25/2019 at 8:46 AM, Biff Mayhem said:

How much is an average pack going for these days?

Not certain, but I think $1.99 for a retail pack.  I find the "hanger" boxes the best value, and they're also spared the pack-groping by auto/patch hot pack searchers.  I believe the Opening Day brand still carries a $0.99 tag.  It's been a while since I've bought - could be off by a dollar on each of those.

Dave, those customs are very nice as always.

Looks like a 2/5 release date for Series 1 according to Beckett.  Couldn't find a Tigers checklist but it will probably be lackluster.  Series 2, and especially Series 3 (Update) could be very appealing with Tiger prospects.

I have been making cards of all the Tiger players, coaches, prospects and NRI.  Was about done when I noticed I have an error card I need to fix.......

2020 Topps Mize.jpg

I think they look better with the Tigers blue than the Astros orange above.  But I don't like how the border stuff is on the left on some, and right on the other; serves no purpose.  3 RC's in series one.  Rogers and Demeritte have autos, appear to be on-card (don't know if there are other Tiger autos).  Seeing some of the insert cards, why are they still putting Cobb cards out?  Aren't we well past the saturation point.  The Tigers have had good players besides Cobb and Kaline; someone please inform Topps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-TOPPS-Series-1-DETROIT-TIGERS-base-team-set-11-cards-DEMERITTE-ROGERS-RC/362906562599?hash=item547eeab027:g:8P4AAOSwLDBePMr1:sc:USPSFirstClass!60005!US!-1

dt.jpg

Dang it, I almost went with the white Old English D on my customs but liked the look of the blue one instead. Oh well, had a 50/50 shot.