kdog

November Regular season game thread

Not certain what the current rules are for this...

Oh...

Wait...

On the subject of how historically bad are the Red wings? Well...

:wink:

28 minutes ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

What are our current lottery odds for the #1 pick?

As high as they can be under the current draft format, but still not high enough!

10 minutes ago, motown blues said:

Just curious if any city has had the  four worst teams in the four major sports  in one year like Detroit has right now.

I was thinking of that the other. Let's say you give 1 point for each place from last to first you come in the standings. 

Tigers - 1

Red Wings (well on their way to ...) - 1

Lions - (let's say ...) - 5

Pistons - (let's say ...)- 10

I think you'd have to search pretty hard to find a year when one city's 4 teams combined for lower than 17 on that measure.

its hard to compete when you lose players like trevor daley and justin abdelkader...

This is a lot like watching the Tigers.   Worst team in the league and at least 3 years from being competitive.    If you look at the current roster they have 1 defenseman that will be part of the team long at the turnaround, maybe 1 or 2 offensive players and not a goalie in sight anywhere in the system.    There are a few nice players in the minors or college but not nearly enough.  They have the advantage over the Tigers that 8 teams make the playoffs so it should in theory be easier to compete but they are in a worse place than the Tigers are now.  

Well Howard got hurt and Bernier was sick and laid out on the locker room floor when he got the call.  We were close to seeing an electrician or something be the goalie last night. 

Blash isn't long for this job.      54 shots last night.    Wow.     

Who gets whacked first - Blash or Patricia?    Maybe both this weekend. 

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

This is a lot like watching the Tigers.   Worst team in the league and at least 3 years from being competitive.    If you look at the current roster they have 1 defenseman that will be part of the team long at the turnaround, maybe 1 or 2 offensive players and not a goalie in sight anywhere in the system.    There are a few nice players in the minors or college but not nearly enough.  They have the advantage over the Tigers that 8 teams make the playoffs so it should in theory be easier to compete but they are in a worse place than the Tigers are now.  

I think the Wings are in a better place than the Tigers because: a) the Wings have a handful of players on the roster that are good and a few promising prospects; b) upcoming draft picks generally take less time to make an impact in the NHL than MLB; c) Yzerman better be a better GM than Avila; and d) easier to plug holes via free agency in the NHL than MLB, I'd say.  I might change my opinion by this time next year depending on how quickly Mize, Manning and Skubal make a significant impact.

That said, right now they're two of the worst teams in pro sports so like it's debating which of Meg Ryan or Kelly McGillis has aged worse. 

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Who gets whacked first - Blash or Patricia?    Maybe both this weekend. 

I'd have taken them both to a turkey farm last night.

Hey, do you think if the Tigers, Lions, Wings and Pistons pool their victories this season together Detroit could be a 100-win team? It's doable, let's go!

Say, 47 Tigers + 5 Lions + 20 Wings +30 Pistons = 102

Wings played a matinee in Philly already, in case any of you masochists had been planning to watch tonight. Big surprise-lost by 5 goals. Have won 7 of their first 28 games. And Larkin's points have dried up.

For the first time in 3 games, the Wings hold their opponent to fewer than 6 goals. Wings lose 5-2 to Washington.  WInless in 9. Fabbri scores, assisted by Zadina and Larkin.

2 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Throw him into the crease and let him sink or swim.

He could use the experience, alternating with Bernier...

and prove himself either a backup or, maybe a little more...

If he ends up as nothing but Larsson's backup, good enough. We got him for nothing.