kdog

November Regular season game thread

57 minutes ago, drownwithyou said:

Do you think Babcock wants to come back to be Blash's assistant?

?

Ironically, Sheldon Keefe has a resume not that unlike the resume of Blashill when hired by the Wings. I guess they've had enough of big name coaches.

Q: What do Paul Maurice, Ron Wilson, Randy Carlyle and Mike Babcock have in common?

A.  All led a team to the Cup or Stanley Cup Final, then joined the Leafs within the past 15 years only to depart without even having won a playoff series

21 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Any update on his injury?

He actually played tonight for Grand Rapids and got an assist. Weird of Blashill to freak us all out like that. 

Rasmussen is still injured and I haven't any update on him.

8 hours ago, lordstanley said:

He actually played tonight for Grand Rapids and got an assist. Weird of Blashill to freak us all out like that. 

Rasmussen is still injured and I haven't any update on him.

Yeah, I saw that. The "injury" did freak me out a bit, mostly because of the secrecy.

Wowsa, Frans Nielsen has actually picked up a point tonight. 

But the Wings have given up three 3rd period goals and now trail 5-3 with 6 minutes to go in Columbus.

Hirose's goal early in the 2nd gave the Wings a lead over New Jersey ... for 26 seconds. 1-1 with 7 minutes left to go in the 2nd.

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

Hirose's goal early in the 2nd gave the Wings a lead over New Jersey ... for 26 seconds. 1-1 with 7 minutes left to go in the 2nd.

think maybe the Wings could petition the league to play their games as two 30 min halves? They could do without the 3rd periods this season.

at the very least, zadina looks like he belongs.  he made a couple of nice set up plays so far.

22 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

think maybe the Wings could petition the league to play their games as two 30 min halves? They could do without the 3rd periods this season.

I've watched some pretty brutal 2nd periods by the Wings as well this season.

Who is Zadina playing with? I'll be able to watch the 3rd.

Carolina fore-check has completely flustered the Wings tonight. By the time they got the 6 on 4 at the end they were playing like a bunch of guys who had never played on the same ice together.

I'd say there are about 17 guys on the Wings who would clear waivers or who are on lousy contracts or on their last fumes of their NHL careers,  3/4 of the roster.

Ehn

Erne

Hirose

Perlini

Biega

Bowey

McIlrath

Abdelkader

Nielsen

Helm

Filppula

Daley

Green

Nemeth

DeKeyser

Howard

Bernier

Only Wings of any value IMO are the following 8, with the final 3 of those 8 being question marks still. Not 1 of these 8 is an untouchable.

Mantha

Larkin

Bertuzzi

Anthanasiou

Hronek

Fabbri

Zadina

Cholowski

Just how bad are the 2020 Wings? Really bad. The Wings, with 17 points in 26 games, have opened up a gap between them and the rest of the league as they hit the 1/3 mark of the season tonight.

-  The Wings are in last place in the Atlantic by 6 points behind Ottawa, and Ottawa has played two fewer games

-  The Wings are in last place in the Eastern Conference by 3 points behind New Jersey, and New Jersey has played three fewer games

- The Wings are in last place in the NHL by 3 points behind LA Kings, and the Kings have played two fewer games

- The Wings are on pace for 54 points. They've missed the playoffs the past 3 seasons with 79 points in '17,  73 in '18 and 74 in 19.

- The NHL's worst teams the past 3 seasons finished with 48 points in 2017 (Colorado - 2nd worst was Vancouver with 69), 62 points in 2018 (Buffalo), 64 points in 2019 (Ottawa). 

- The 2013 Wings recorded 56 points ... in only 48 games.  The 1995 Wings recorded 70 points ... in only 48 games.  The last time the Wings finished with fewer than 70 points in a full season was 40 points in 1986.

- Remember the Dead Wings era? In the 7 seasons between 1971 and 1977, the Wings averaged 64 points per season (55,76, 86,68,58,62,41). And that was with four 78-game seasons and three 80-game seasons and before points for OT/SO wins. Then, in the 8 seasons between 1979 and 1986, the Wings averaged 58 points per season (62, 63,56,54,57,69,66,40) in 80-game seasons before SO wins.

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

Just how bad are the 2020 Wings? Really bad. The Wings...

What are our current lottery odds for the #1 pick?