kdog

November Regular season game thread

15 hours ago, Buddha said:

sitting in LA wondering if i should go to tomorrow's game.  only if bonghit buys tickets...

I'll be there tonight!

Bertuzzi ties it 1-1 in the 2nd off of a 2 on 1 with Mantha. I think Mantha so far this season is even more fun to watch than Larkin was last year.

Larkin and Mantha start the puck out of their own end with around 6 seconds to go and end up forcing a 2 minute penalty on the Kings . Good outcome.

Wings were 2 minutes away from a 4th straight win but give up the tying goal. Wings had been sitting back for several minutes.

Was an odd game to see in person.  At least the two seats next to me that are from our season ticket group got sold to Wings fans for the game, that was fun.

Watching the defense corps in person is brutal, if I never have to watch Ericsson transition skating from backwards to forwards again (while the forward blows by him) it will still be too soon.

7 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Well, that sucked. High shot way over the net bounces off end glass perfectly on to the stick of a King who tucks it in.

Great pass by Doughty off a set play wins it for the Kings.  #wink

LA needed this win in the worst way.  This rebuild is going to take a while.  It will be interesting to follow the trajectory of these two franchises that are in similar places. 

You want to see something encouraging?

Filip Zadina first six games this year 1G 0A...next 10...5G 5A

Joe Veleno first six 0G 0A...next 10...3G 2A

Would not shock me to see Zadina up soon....

Rasmussen isn't scoring much...but he's piling up assists and averaging just under PPG

After what seemed like around 15 minutes of no whistle hockey, AA scores his 2nd of the game to tie San Jose at 3-3 with 4 minutes to go in regulation.

I wasn't exactly confident with McIlrath and Hicketts responsible for clearing the zone in the final minute, but the Wings take at least a point and are heading to OT.

who has the biggest shrine to ken holland in their house: abdelkader, nielsen, or cleary?