kdog

November Regular season game thread

33 minutes ago, Buddha said:

abdelkader out for three weeks.  so not everything today is negative.

I am pleased Smith is up again (I also thought Hirose might have been sent down until I saw the Abs injury).  His play isn't pretty but he works his *** off every shift it seems like.

Now kids, take a look here, don’t be a xenophobic ahole stuck in the 1970’s.  

Great final lesson for the kids from Grapes.  

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Now kids, take a look here, don’t be a xenophobic ahole stuck in the 1970’s.  

Great final lesson for the kids from Grapes.  

It's a sports story, but it's very obviously a political agenda on the part of sportsnet. Because who out there can think of anything more terrible to teach children but to support your veterans and your military families? With all the things that people have said on tv over the years to get themselves fired, this was one of the most benign comments I can recall.

I’m not a big fan of Cancel Culture.  However, the lack of apology from Grapes leads me to believe that Archie Bunker probably refused to apologize.   Sportsnet would have to fire him for under those circumstances more for being insubordinate than political.  

I hope a millenial like Abdelkader uses the derogatory and divisive "OK Boomer" slur and gets tossed out of the NHL.

Fabbri knows goals (and wins) will be harder to come by in Detroit this season (though they got another W on Sunday against the Golden Knights). The Red Wings are in the middle of a rebuild, and new GM Steve Yzerman has been careful to assign a timeline on when he expects the team to start contending again. Entering the Boston game, the Red Wings had lost four straight games by at least four goals.

Yzerman clearly knew his team needed more talent. The Fabbri acquisition was Yzerman's second low-risk, high-ceiling trade in as many weeks. The other -- getting Brendan Perlini from Chicago -- followed a nearly identical mold: Perlini was also a first-round pick from the 2014 draft who had yet to fully realize his NHL potential. When Perlini couldn't crack the Blackhawks' regular lineup, he, too, asked for a trade. Yzerman's other trade in his tenure as Red Wings GM is snagging Adam Erne (a 2013 second-round pick) from the Tampa Bay Lightning. Erne, Perlini and Fabbri are all 23 or 24 -- the same age as Detroit's young core -- and all become restricted free agents this coming summer, meaning there's minimal commitment if things don't work out.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/28054733/the-nhl-best-worst-week-why-detroit-red-wings-trade-robby-fabbri-win-win-move

I really wanna put Perlini & Fabbri on a line together and see if we can get that line to work. Who's the other winger? Svech? Givani? AA? Fill in the blank: _________.

17 minutes ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

I really wanna put Perlini & Fabbri on a line together and see if we can get that line to work. Who's the other winger? Svech? Givani? AA? Fill in the blank: _________.

Wouldn't they need someone to center them?  Could try AA there, otherwise it is a couple corpses or rush Veleno haha

Fabbri's a Center.

I think they want Rasmussen at Center too... So maybe Fabbri will need to move to a wing. If he does, then add in Veleno or Rasmussen...

Later in the year.

Veleno-Fabbri-Perlini sounds interesting.

AA needs Rasmussen and another two-way winger in order to not be a defensive liability out there (or put another way line-mates who can cover his ***...).

6 minutes ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Fabbri's a Center.

He is?  He's taken 57 faceoffs in 166 NHL games played, winning them at a 43.9% clip (3 faceoffs in 2 games for the Wings).

Unrelated to the Wings, but check out the stats of Jesperi Kotkaniemi, who the Habs picked at #3 overall in 2018. Habs fans have been pretty defensive about this pick and were chortling last year when he started off strong and ended up with 11 goals and 34 points in 79 games. This year?

12 GP 2G 1A 3PTS

It's still early, both in the season and in his career, but prospects development is not a sprint.

6 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

He is?  He's taken 57 faceoffs in 166 NHL games played, winning them at a 43.9% clip (3 faceoffs in 2 games for the Wings).

Technically he is.

I didn't say he was efficient. I don't know how he was played previously... maybe lots of ST's = low amount of faceoffs?

10 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Unrelated to the Wings, but check out the stats of Jesperi Kotkaniemi, who the Habs picked at #3 overall in 2018. Habs fans have been pretty defensive about this pick and were chortling last year when he started off strong and ended up with 11 goals and 34 points in 79 games. This year?

12 GP 2G 1A 3PTS

It's still early, both in the season and in his career, but prospects development is not a sprint.

still better than zadina...

i'm in LA for work and one of the great things about it is 1) its 70 degrees and 2) the red wings are here!  watching the beloved battle the ducks at a bar right now...

The Wings are playing competitively tonight. Trailing 3-2 midway through 3rd but I think Mantha will tie it up before all is said and done.

29 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

The Wings are playing competitively tonight. Trailing 3-2 midway through 3rd but I think Mantha will tie it up before all is said and done.

Wrong!! Larkin ties it instead. Assist to Mantha.

Just now, Buddha said:

what do you think we can get for athanasiou?  anything?

AA, Rasmussen and Zadina for Columbus defenseman Zach Werenski?

Just now, lordstanley said:

AA, Rasmussen and Zadina for Columbus defenseman Zach Werenski?

works for me.

AA is empty calories.  rasmussen might someday be....keith primeau?  zadina hasnt shown anything in grand rapids.

3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

works for me.

AA is empty calories.  rasmussen might someday be....keith primeau?  zadina hasnt shown anything in grand rapids.

problem is that wouldn't be enough for Columbus. You'd probably have to add Seider to that.