kdog

November Regular season game thread

First game of the month will be at Carolina on Friday..

Perlini will be inserted into the lineup.

It was nice of Perlini to not take number 11 so both his number and Zadina's number can be in the rafters down the line

I think we need a Sarnia Appreciation Night at the LCA to boost attendance for a Wings' game.

Bill Lochead-Tony McKegney-Harry Neale-Shawn Burr-Dino Ciccarelli - Paul Ysebaert

In case anybody missed it, Smith and Svechnikov were sent down.

Zadina and Veleno both scored their second goals of the season in GR last night.  Zadina has two assists as well and those are Veleno's only points, both with 9 games played. 

Looks like Rasmussen is hurt?  He has only played 6 games (and has 7 points, 2+5)

Andrei Svechnikov opened scoring for Carolina tonight to avenge the Wings sending down his brother earlier this week before a reunion chance. Howard gives up 5 goals on 20 shots and is pulled. Mantha with 2 goals for the Wings, AA with 2 assists.

6-3 Carolina five minutes into the 3rd.

I just cannot wait until Green gets traded.

And Stevie Y may need to make a decision soon on AA as well...

Blashill's extension is only 1 year(2019-2020) plus a 1 year club option...

2-0 Florida in the 1st.

This season is going to be brutal.  Mike Green joins Daley in being absolutely cooked.  Hirose despite improving his skating is showing why he went undrafted and should probably be in the AHL.  If Hicketts sees the ice again I may scream.  Meanwhile the likes of Filpulla and Nielsen are just taking up roster spots for the most part.  The tank is strong!  Blashill should probably be canned but I wouldn't be shocked if Yzerman let him finish the year.  Painful...

Seider (3 games - 4 assists) and Zadina (4 games - 2 goals and 2 assists) are on points streaks in the AHL at least, so we got that going for us, which is nice.

So after the 1st period a fellow fan texted me, surprised that the Wings actually had the lead, 1-0. I replied: "For now, but I have learned from recent experience that a lot can happen in my 20 minute drive from the rink to home".

Score now after the 2nd period. Nashville 5, Detroit 1.

Even worse than feared!

This reckoning was happening no matter what. I'm glad Yzerman took on this challenge and Holland left. He wasn't equipped to deal with the enormity of the task ahead.

Blashill is a good patsy. Yzerman can basically spend the season in junior rinks all over Canada and Europe scouting prospects....Blash answers the questions about how bad the team is.

Tigers sucked.

Wings suck.

Lions only half-suck but that won't get them anywhere good.

I don't know how much the Pistons suck or if I can be bothered to find out.

Michigan football doesn't suck but is a disappointment.

This would be a good year for Detroit sports fans to turn off the TV and use the time to write a novel and/or take a mistress and/or learn a foreign language and/or practice for one's scuba diving license.

13 minutes ago, Buddha said:

it could be worse, they could be the tigers.

Wings winning percentage after tonight will be .250. Wings points percentage after tonight will be .281. Tigers finished at .292.

5 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Wings winning percentage after tonight will be .250. Wings points percentage after tonight will be .281. Tigers finished at .292.

shut your ***** mouth!

gonna suck when we pick 5th and the blackhawks get lafreniere.