Casimir

10/30/2019 7:30 Detroit Pistons @ Toronto Raptors

10/30/2019 from Toronto, Ontario...

DET-2020.png  TOR-2020.png

Detroit Pistons (2-2) @ Toronto Raptors (3-1)

To be the champ, you gotta beat the champ.  Or something like that.

Siakam has looked like he's worth every penny of that new contract.  And judging that after 4 games is usually a reliable method.  

Bummer they were off to a nice start.  But 2 weeks is good news if true, it looked pretty ugly.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

A starting caliber point guard might help, but they don't have one on the roster. Also, it'd help if the Center didn't think he was a guard.

48 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

A starting caliber point guard might help, but they don't have one on the roster. Also, it'd help if the Center didn't think he was a guard.

It's on the coach at this point to just yank him out of the game if he ever dribbles the ball from the perimeter toward the lane. He also jacked up a three the other night. Both things should be an immediate foul given, timeout, and substitution. No excuse.

Wood attempted a coast to coast in the last game.  Horrible miss on the original layup attempt but he was hustling and got the ORB for the putback.  

9 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

It's on the coach at this point to just yank him out of the game if he ever dribbles the ball from the perimeter toward the lane. He also jacked up a three the other night. Both things should be an immediate foul given, timeout, and substitution. No excuse.

It's OK, he talked it over with the coaching staff. Expect to see more of Dre making "drives full court", "going coast to coast", and "starting the offense".

https://youtu.be/J_sOkJHEmwM?t=44

If I'm the opposing coach I direct my team to back off anytime Andre gets a rebound and starts heading up court.  He makes one early he will keep trying it all game.

Rose and Drummond trying to play Hero Ball is why the turnover rate is so high. They've had some great moments as well but when they've been bad, it was really bad.

Have been hearing some bad things about Wood the past week or so.  Comparisons to Hassan Whiteside in terms of attitude/maturity.  

46 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Have been hearing some bad things about Wood the past week or so.  Comparisons to Hassan Whiteside in terms of attitude/maturity.  

There is a reason teams have let him go in the past, even when he put up good numbers. I think Casey is a good coach to harness his behavior, but we will see if he keeps his hustle and commitment all season.

Whiteside was the comparison I was starting to make in my head as well, so it's interesting to see others say that. I'll take a guy with that skillset as my backup big as long as we have a solid coach like Casey to keep the kid's head on straight and we aren't paying him Whiteside money.

Drummond appears to be just floating around on defense. Looks slow and lazy to me on that end so far tonight. 

• Thanks 1

Siakam is dominating Wood. 

Rose off to a nice start. Pistons didn’t get many stops that quarter. Only down 9.

They change the Morris charge to a blocking foul. Replay shows he wasn’t in the restricted area. That’s a terrible call.