Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

10/28/2019 7:00 EDTvIndiana Pacers @ Detroit Pistons

Why can’t drummond find any sort of touch?   It’s insane how much he is around a basketball and a hoop and has zero touch.  

Now there are losing.  I’ve only watched the last few minutes...it hasn’t been good.  

2 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Rose with a clutch lay up. 

And that was not an easy layup with the off hand.  

Kennard makes 1 Ft. drummond Taps in the 2nd FT miss and they call goaltending.  

And somehow the call stands.  What am I missing here?  That was clearly a good basket.  Refs in every sport are so dang bad.  

Pistons up 2 with 2 secs left. 

Pistons win.  I only got to watch a few minutes.  The officiating in the NBA is at an embarrassment level.  Just like the NFL. 

NHL is the only sport that mostly gets officiating right.  

That would’ve been a bad loss. They were winning the whole night and just couldn’t buy a bucket in the second half. 

Good grinder of a win against a division foe. Blake can’t get back soon enough. 

Christian Wood with 19 and 11 tonight including 3 triples. 

Pistons 2-2 and you’d take that in a heartbeat. Big wins over Indiana, who will be competing for a playoff spot just like us. 

Pretty obvious at this point that Wood needs to play. Maker should be on the bench when Blake comes back. Only value he has is some decent defense. 

This was bad Derrick Rose tonight. Yeesh.  Drummond with one of those  deceiving stat stuffer games where he was worse than the stats show and Galloway is regressing if anything. Trade that expiring before he hurts the team further.

On the other hand, we might have a real gem in Wood. I can't believe there was even discussion about him not making the roster. Hopefully this reduces Maker's minutes going forward and they can find a suitor for him. Get Reggie, Maker and Galloway off this roster somehow and I'll be a happy man.

10 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

NHL is the only sport that mostly gets officiating right.  

I am recording this statement for posterity.

Looks like Christian Wood had a game.  19 points, 12 rebounds.  8 of 10 shooting including 3 for 3 on 3s.

Trade Drummond, free Wood.

They turned it over on 19% of their possessions last night.  Lucky to pull out the W.

Their defense continues to be really bad.  Ranked 24th in the league.

They are taking 25% less 3PTA's this year so far.  And they are shooting them much better, making 40% compared to 35% last year.  That is actually the 2nd best percentage in the league so far.

9 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

They turned it over on 19% of their possessions last night.  Lucky to pull out the W.

Their defense continues to be really bad.  Ranked 24th in the league.

They are taking 25% less 3PTA's this year so far.  And they are shooting them much better, making 40% compared to 35% last year.  That is actually the 2nd best percentage in the league so far.

That trade-off between offense & defense will continue to be an issue. Rose & Kennard can bring you points, but neither is particularly adept at stopping anyone. Brown can bring you defense, but his offense isn't there. 

The return of Blake will be important, because he can allow you to run a more "defensive" lineup at times if needed since he can carry some offense.