Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

10/28/2019 7:00 EDTvIndiana Pacers @ Detroit Pistons

10/28/2019 7:00 EDT from Detroit, Michigan...

IND-2020.png  DET-2020.png

Indiana Pacers (0-2) @ Detroit Pistons (1-2)

Curious to see if there's a lineup change. Thought they battled well against Philly, just ran out of gas.

Bruce Brown has been really, really bad through the first 3 games. Hopefully he can at least play better defense tonight.

The schedule is ridiculous. A back to back to start the season, 3 out of 4, 4 out of 6. For a team with key injuries, this is the worst possible schedule to start.

57 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Curious to see if there's a lineup change. Thought they battled well against Philly, just ran out of gas.

Bruce Brown has been really, really bad through the first 3 games. Hopefully he can at least play better defense tonight.

I don't know what the coaches see in him. He's another Stanley, can't **** a drop of offense and overrated defense.

I mean, his D is decent.  But the Atlanta game made no sense.  When Young is cooking him like that you  might as well sub him out and get someone in there that can go back at Young a bit on offense.  Make a good scorer play a little D to tire his legs out a bit.  With Brown in there defense was basically a rest period for Young.

Not that I think Young only scores 17 points or something dumb like that.  But maybe he scores a few less than he did.

29 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I don't know what the coaches see in him. He's another Stanley, can't **** a drop of offense and overrated defense.

He plays pretty solid defense. He's no stopper, but this team has absolutely nothing defensively outside of him and Snell (who is average) on the perimeter. 

28 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I mean, his D is decent.  But the Atlanta game made no sense.  When Young is cooking him like that you  might as well sub him out and get someone in there that can go back at Young a bit on offense.  Make a good scorer play a little D to tire his legs out a bit.  With Brown in there defense was basically a rest period for Young.

Not that I think Young only scores 17 points or something dumb like that.  But maybe he scores a few less than he did.

Brown got torched by Young. He started to cool down when, surprisingly, Galloway got in his grill.

Brown is ok defensively but he's not good enough to justify the lack of offense especially in a starting rotation that is already scoring deficient as is.

Brown is a solid defender, with nice length and maximum effort at all times. I like that about him.  The problem is simply that he gives you zero on the other end and there are no playmakers in the starting lineup at all right now.  In Summer League he was showing off a commitment to drive and kick, but he hasn't showed it in the first three games of the regular season at all.  Also, I would have expected a guy of his work ethic to be putting up a thousand three point shots a day over the summer.  Just getting that 3pt percentage to league average would be huge for him.

I'm going to puke.  Why they would want to do business that type of person.  I don't get it.

Ha ha.

Man, I remember when Davidson essentially cut ties with him once his playing career was over and a lot of people, including the media, were critical of that.

Not saying Bill was right to shut him out, but in retrospect he probably had a pretty good insight into Isiah's character.

And its a bummer.

Never mind that he's a POS that was found guilty of sexual harassment.  Is he really the businessman you want to get in bed with?  Does your reputation and who you associate with mean nothing?  Is the dollar really that important?

He also used his daughter as cover for his suicide attempt, which I still can't wrap my head around.  Why did he think that would work, and how does someone even think about doing that, let alone doing it.

I don't even know as that he actually generates dollars.  I just think Gores wants him around as some sort of link to the Bad Boys Pistons and hopefully that generates dollars.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

He also used his daughter as cover for his suicide attempt, which I still can't wrap my head around.  Why did he think that would work, and how does someone even think about doing that, let alone doing it.

I don't even know as that he actually generates dollars.  I just think Gores wants him around as some sort of link to the Bad Boys Pistons and hopefully that generates dollars.

I think it’s simply a matter of a sponsorship being offered and the powers that be not turning away money. It’s not like they had other champagne brands competing for the right to be the official champagne of the team. And to the extent that there was some other arrangement in place, a better deal is a better deal. 

While it definitely qualifies as a “bad look,” it’s not so bad as to actually cost them anything. 

28 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

It has to generate money.  I doubt Gores is going to let someone be a sponsor and not collect a check.

Sorry.  I worded that really poorly.

I meant significant revenue for the club.  I can't imagine anyone is willing to pay much to be the official champagne of the Pistons.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Well, you'd have to have something to celebrate for there to be champagne. Kinda putting the cart before the horse here 😜

Brown may his hustle on defense but even besides the Atlanta game, I do not see him making a big impact with his defense...definitely not enough to justify starting him when you get no offense from him.  If he was Lindsey Hunter on defense, than maybe.  Frazier probably sucks too but I am very happy to see him get the start tonight.  

Pistons up 5 with just over 8 to go. 

Wood with a great game thus far. 

Turnovers are killing this team.