Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

10/26/2019 7:00 EDT Philadelphia 76ers @ Detroit Pistons

10/26/2019 7:00 EDT from Detroit, Michigan...

PHI-2020.png  DET-2020.png

Philadelphia 76ers (1-0) @ Detroit Pistons (1-1)

If Rose starts, my O/U on 3PTA by starting PG's combined is 1.5.  

The Pistons have no shot at a title, so it doesn't matter Rose sucks.  But Philly has a shot but will never win one with a PG that can't shoot the three.  They need to trade Simmons once he becomes trade eligible.  

3 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Embiid sitting on the bench might be enough to get into Drummond's head.

Just now, Deleterious said:

If Rose starts, my O/U on 3PTA by starting PG's combined is 1.5.  

The Pistons have no shot at a title, so it doesn't matter Rose sucks.  But Philly has a shot but will never win one with a PG that can't shoot the three.  They need to trade Simmons once he becomes trade eligible.  

Does Brown get a bit of time running the point tonight if he can stay out of foul trouble?

2 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Does Brown get a bit of time running the point tonight if he can stay out of foul trouble?

I don't know, most likely Frazier.  

Doesn't much matter.  Rose cant shoot, Brown cant shoot, and Frazier cant really either.

In an era where it's imperative that your PG shoots the three, the Pistons seem to collect guys that can't.  

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

I don't know, most likely Frazier.  

Doesn't much matter.  Rose cant shoot, Brown cant shoot, and Frazier cant really either.

In an era where it's imperative that your PG shoots the three, the Pistons seem to collect guys that can't.  

Oh, I'm sure Rose and Frazier get a bulk of the minutes.  But does Brown get, I don't know, a 5 minute stretch to see how things go?

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

Oh, I'm sure Rose and Frazier get a bulk of the minutes.  But does Brown get, I don't know, a 5 minute stretch to see how things go?

I doubt it.  Maybe with foul trouble or Frazier isn't getting it done.  

Wow.

Warriors' Annual Revenue Estimated At $700M With Chase Center Move

The Warriors project to record $700 million in annual revenue for the foreseeable future, which is approximately $250 million to $300 million more than the New York Knicks or Los Angeles Lakers.

The Warriors may possibly have more revenues than even any NFL team, “except maybe the Cowboys,” one source said. A 2018 estimate from Forbes indicates the Dallas Cowboys took in about $950 million in annual revenue. 

The Warriors are set to take in about $5 million in gate receipts per game. The Warriors grossed between $4 million and $5 million per early round playoff game at Oracle.

Golden State could conservatively earn close to $150 million in profit in Year 1.

And Embiid is officially out tonight.

That means Horford will drag Andre out to the perimeter.  

Down 2, Drummond decides to not give the ball to Rose and drives from the three point line. Predictably throws up a brick... leading to a Philly run out and a dunk. 

Good player. But those kind of plays lose games. It’s been a common theme now for a while. 

Pistons can’t pay Drummond. He just doesn’t impact the game enough night in and night out. He’s a very good player. But not a great player. Please don’t handcuff us with him on a max deal. 

• Like 1

Tacko Fall with his first NBA points.

I'm not joking when I say this.  He entered the leagues concussion protocol on Wednesday when he hit his head on a low ceiling.  I guess that can happen when you're 7'6".

Andre didn't show up.  He had a legit shot to dominate with Embiid out and he didn't show up at all.

Why hasn't Casey put a stop to Andre taking it coast to coast when he gets a rebound?  It almost always ends up in some awkward shot that has little chance of going in.

I hate to bag on a guy that is scoring a point a minute.  But it's brutal to watch Rose play basketball.  Great scorer, awful at pretty much everything else.  Can't shoot from distance, 6 TO's to 3 assists?  Does a great job getting his, not so much getting stuff for other people.  Have to hide him on defense.  Easy to see why nobody wanted to give him a contract even after his decent year last year.

I enjoy the nightly competition between Snell and Maker to see which one can log the most minutes and be completely useless.

They need to put Luke in the starting lineup if Reggie continues to sit.  Just not enough scoring with Drummond/Morris/Snell/Brown/Frazier. 

• Like 1

I had every intention of watching the recording this morning but my eye caught the score last night while Michigan was hammering Novre Rated.

Has Phoenix turned a corner?  2-1 with a win over the Clippers.  Their loss was a one point road loss to Denver in OT.

14 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Why hasn't Casey put a stop to Andre taking it coast to coast when he gets a rebound?  It almost always ends up in some awkward shot that has little chance of going in.

He talked about it in his postgame interview after game 1. Said he, “talked it over with the coaching staff’ and plans to show his ball skills this year doing things like “taking it coast to coast”, dribbling, passing, and things like that. 

Just have to trade this clown already. Take anything you can get and move on from this era of mediocrity.