leflore

OT: any memorabilia in your office

I picked up this glove at Tigers Stadium during the '84 season. I forget whether it was given free as a promotion or whether I bought it from a vendor. Either way, I remember the key part was that it was given or sold as a single, not in a pair, because it was a play on the Michael Jackson mania that was at its peak. I recall running high school cross country races in the fall of my senior year wearing this glove on one hand while the other hand was bare. Boy was I a dashing figure. I have it in front of me right now, think I'll take it for a run later this afternoon.

glove-single.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll have to share my autograph baseball cards that I have at home, separately, but here are a few I have in my office.  Admittedly, a bit of an eclectic group, but mostly my favorite Tigers during the 70's-80's.  

Tigers cards 2.jpg

Not mine but a few weeks ago I had to do a job for this guy in Grosse Pointe and he had a ring worn Ric Flair Robe and ring worn Hulk Hogan boots.  As an old school wrestling fan I thought that was the most badass thing ever.

On 10/28/2019 at 4:55 PM, Keepleyland2 said:

I'm secretly verlander

I knew it.

I'm secretly Cookie Rojas. Or as my ex wife would tell you ******* *** hole

My office is full of sports memorabilia and other sports-related stuff, much although not all of it Tiger stuff.  The centerpiece is a large autographed photo of Al Kaline in mid-swing that was behind the counter at Sportsland USA by Tiger Stadium for many years, and that the owner sold to me when the store went out of business after Tiger Stadium was replaced by the appalling Comerica Park.

I also have an autographed  copy of the famous photo of Kirk Gibson with his arms up after he hit the home run off of Goose Gossage in the eighth inning of Game Five in 1984, which I was fortunate enough to see live.

Lots of other stuff:  that photo of Tiger Stadium in 1984 with the Light of God or something shining down on it; a stuffed Tiger in uniform; a Michigan football helmet; photos of Desmond Howard doing the Heisman pose and diving for that catch against Notre Dame; a photo of Darren McCarty hitting a cowering Claude Lemieux, and one of Steve Yzerman hoisting the Stanley Cup in 1997; and a bunch more.