leflore

OT: any memorabilia in your office

I'm bored, it's Friday, I'm stranded at my office and I confess that I am a geek. I run a program offering housing, mental health and substance use resources to mentally I'll homeless folks. So no need to present as ultra professional.

The book shelf is supposed to contain work related literature - there is a dsm-5 on the bottom shelf. The corn cob was pilfered from the Field of Dreams film site on a visit with my son. The Dave Bing and Mickey Lolich prints were stadium hand-outs in the early 70s. The snow globe features a Tiger sliding safely under a damn Yankee. I could post more pics but then I'd have to kill you.

20191025_115559.jpg

20191025_115546.jpg

20191025_115530.jpg

it's Friday, I've got a ton to do, but I'm procrastinating.  I bought the '68 pic when I was looking for an '84 pic, before the days of ebay, etcetera.  Finally found the '84 pic, toward the left.  I received the signed pic of late-career Tram at Lakeland as a gift, purchased at a charity auction.  Some UDM basketball stuff, too. 

IMG_9843.JPG

32 minutes ago, leflore said:

The corn cob was pilfered from the Field of Dreams film site on a visit with my son.

20191025_115546.jpg

That is outstanding!

that's pretty good and good on you leflore for your work.... we need more people like you helping those.  

I don't have much...  A Mark Fidrych ticket stub from a few years ago when it was his day... this random collection.  Nothing else because I"m afraid people will steal it.  Our cleaners have been known to do that.  Headphones, charges, change, etc.

guys1.jpg

fidrych.jpg

dirt from Cabbys triple crown last AB batters box, a couple panorama type canvas pics of Copa...that's about it.

2006 World Series Game 6 and 7 tickets, ticket from JV's no hitter in 07, a couple of assorted baseball cards that have no value other than sentimental.  A couple of pictures when I fenced in college, a couple from the hockey teams I coached.

A co-worker of mine was the mascot at Western Michigan, and she has a picture of herself in the Bronco outfit at a MAC football game back in the day.  Always makes me chuckle when I walk past.

Whitaker was my favorite player from the first game my parents took me to around 1982 when I asked why people were booing.

My mother got the Hank Aaron Autograph for me on a business trip in Atlanta.  Others are just items I've gotten at games, auctions, sellers at festivals, etc.

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

2006 World Series Game 6 and 7 tickets,

I gave game 5 2006 ALDS tickets to my dad and brother for Christmas.

Does home office count? 

Have 30 really high end cars including a 1911 Cobb, rookies of Tram, the Bird, Lou, Verlander, Cabrera, Nolan Ryan and Bench. Also have a mantle, mays, jackie, gibson in there. 

Ticket and scorecard from Verlander no-no 1. 

Ball caught at the ML, AA, A+ and Penn League level (all from Tigers)

Tram signed bat

Fantasy camp stuff

and a few Iowa momentos mixed in. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Does home office count? 

Have 30 really high end cars including a 1911 Cobb, ...

The 1911 Cobb car is obviously the Chalmers Motor Company car he won in 1911. 😉

I don’t have memorabilia to speak of. My mom threw away all my cheap glossy black and white photos of the players from the mid ‘60s because at the time I said I didn’t care anymore and I didn’t. I also lost my ticket stubs from the fifth game of the ‘68 World Series and my ‘68 World Series pennant in one of my many moves. 

But I do frequently wear an awesome faux leather Tigers letter jacket with dramatic old English D’s on the arm and breast and a pullover gray hoodie that says Tigers on it.

I’m surprised at the number of people living in Boise who will come up to me and talk to me about it and say they grew up in Michigan or the Detroit area.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1776 said:

The 1911 Cobb car is obviously the Chalmers Motor Company car he won in 1911. 😉

toy_car.gif

I have a couple of jackets that are, gosh, 16 years old?  Still in decent enough condition to wear around.  I have an old used to be navy blue now its more faded cornflower blue sweatshirt with an orange old English D on it from probably the same era that's perfect for around the house.

I have a Trammell signed baseball around here, but the ink is pretty faded.  @Tigertown Rats and his dad and I went to what turned out to be the final Whitaker & Trammell game at Tiger Stadium.  I don't know if it was known that either of them were due to retire that offseason, but it was probably somewhat of a rumor given their age and the state of the Tigers.  I think Cleveland or Baltimore might have reached out to Whitaker that offseason or maybe going into 1995, I don't know.  Anyway, before the game, Trammell was in RF and Whitaker was in LF, both signing autographs.  We managed to get Trammell but didn't manage to get Whitaker's.  I was scolded by Trammell for having a bad pen.

• Like 1

I forgot that I also have the satin warm-up jacket I bought 1987 but it’s been in my closet for quite a while because well I’m a bit too heavy to wear it anymore.

2 hours ago, Casimir said:

We managed to get Trammell but didn't manage to get Whitaker's.  I was scolded by Trammell for having a bad pen.

Pen envy. 

the only memorabilia in my office are the mental pictures of my long ago dashed career dreams...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Pen envy. 

Who knew Trammell was a pen scold?

23 hours ago, Casimir said:

I was scolded by Trammell for having a bad pen.

Did he tell you to **** off?  

13 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Did he tell you to **** off?  

I don't recall.  But, like I said, he was in RF, so that kind of language around that part of the ballyard had been common for decades.

On 10/26/2019 at 8:48 AM, Casimir said:

I have a Trammell signed baseball around here, but the ink is pretty faded.  @Tigertown Rats and his dad and I went to what turned out to be the final Whitaker & Trammell game at Tiger Stadium.  I don't know if it was known that either of them were due to retire that offseason, but it was probably somewhat of a rumor given their age and the state of the Tigers.  I think Cleveland or Baltimore might have reached out to Whitaker that offseason or maybe going into 1995, I don't know.  Anyway, before the game, Trammell was in RF and Whitaker was in LF, both signing autographs.  We managed to get Trammell but didn't manage to get Whitaker's.  I was scolded by Trammell for having a bad pen.

Obviously Trammell knew WTF he was talking about.

On 10/25/2019 at 8:28 PM, Keepleyland2 said:

Does home office count? 

Have 30 really high end cars including a 1911 Cobb, rookies of Tram, the Bird, Lou, Verlander, Cabrera, Nolan Ryan and Bench. Also have a mantle, mays, jackie, gibson in there. 

Ticket and scorecard from Verlander no-no 1. 

Ball caught at the ML, AA, A+ and Penn League level (all from Tigers)

Tram signed bat

Fantasy camp stuff

and a few Iowa momentos mixed in. 

30 high end cars?  Impressive.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tiger337 said:

30 high end cars?  Impressive.  

Hitler's speech writer was also a grammar nazi.