Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

10/24/2019 7:00 EDT Atlanta Hawks @ Detroit Pistons

10/24/2019 7:00 EDT from Detroit, Michigan....

ATL-2020.png  DET-2020.png

Atlanta Hawks (0-0) at Detroit Pistons (1-0)

It was a lot of fun watching Trae Young last year.  John Collins is also a really good young player.  He would be talked about a lot more if he didn't play with Young.

21 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Vince Carter, people.  The "kid" defies aging.

He is older than the Hawks owner, GM, and coach.

He is also older than Trae Young's dad.

28 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Can we conclude that Vince Carter is in the discussion for 9th wonder of the world?

I'll put this here even though I noticed it regarding last night's game.  I figure putting it into a "newer" thread might get more visibility for those that might find this interesting.  I'm not sure if this is a new feature on basketball reference or not, but there is an option with the box score that enables you to look at the box score by quarter, by half, and of course by game.

image.png.e458fc535609b0f031dd868746247b78.png

image.png.6e297e6043ddc97bb19f02e2ba1027f1.png

Anybody interested in going to the game currently there are tickets on seatgeek for as low as 13 bucks.  

Pistons win a tight game tonight. 

Huerter is crucial to Atlanta right now and is expected to only play 15 minutes or so as he recovers from a knee injury. They are very young and trying to figure this out right now. 

Brown better be ready to guard Trae. 

Interested in seeing Cam Reddish,  I thought the Hawks got a steal with him cause any time I watched Duke last year he was the guy that would really stand out to me. 

7 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Interested in seeing Cam Reddish,  I thought the Hawks got a steal with him cause any time I watched Duke last year he was the guy that would really stand out to me. 

He's starting so you should get to see plenty of him.

10 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The first time Carter played the Pistons their starters were Don Reid, Grant Hill, Lindsay Hunter, Bison Dele and Joe Dumars. 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

The first time Carter played the Pistons their starters were Don Reid, Grant Hill, Lindsay Hunter, Bison Dele and Joe Dumars. 

Heard this little nugget today on the Dan Patrick Show.  Carter made less than 900 3's before age 30.  Since turning 30, he's made over 1.300, good for 3rd all time over the age of 30.

They were talking about him being in the slam dunk contest and facing off against guys half of his age.  It was probably mostly in jest, but damnit, I want to see it.  With the longer all star break, he'd have time to recover before and after the contest.

19 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Heard this little nugget today on the Dan Patrick Show.  Carter made less than 900 3's before age 30.  Since turning 30, he's made over 1.300, good for 3rd all time over the age of 30.

They were talking about him being in the slam dunk contest and facing off against guys half of his age.  It was probably mostly in jest, but damnit, I want to see it.  With the longer all star break, he'd have time to recover before and after the contest.

My original intent was to go back and look at some of the names drafted with him and point out how long many have been out of the league but after looking at the draft I felt the need to point out how underrated it was.

Sure it wasn't the 84, 96 or 03 drafts but there were some all time players there.  In the top 10 you had Vince, Pierce and Dirk to go along with guys like Antawn Jamison and Mike Bibby.  That's a damn good collection of talent in the top 10. 

Just need to hang in there. If Trae shoots like this all night, you tip your cap. Need to get the ball out of his hands though. 

Pistons do a great job of weathering the early storm. They’re only down 6 after one in a quarter where Atlanta shot the **** out of the ball. 

Kennard 2/2. Big block from Thon on that last possession. 

Young is killing Brown. Threes, drives, just took a charge. Just totally dominating. 

Galloway coming in. Pistons only down 4.