Casimir

10/23/2019 7:00 Detroit Pistons @ Indiana Pacers

Postgame commentary is all about Andre Drummond.  We have seen this before.  The problem is inevitably, things will go sour.  I do think Andre is a very good player and can be a key cog on a championship team.  But he needs two other stars around him that run the team and are the leaders so Andre can just be the third star and do his thing on the court.  I don't think that situation will ever happen for him with the Pistons.  

Drummond with his typical October/early November monster game, I swear he gets off to these starts every year getting your hopes up only to revert back to his usual stuff.  

10 minutes ago, DTroppens said:

IMG_2093.JPG

This reminded me I am sick of the current uniforms the Pistons wore tonight.  Time for a change.  For one thing, the Grant Hill era Teal Horse jersey should be brought back for 5-10 games a year.  

I also think it is time to bring back the wider trim around the collar and sleeves.  

Lets look at the two PG's traded for each other.

Terry Rozier shot 20% from the field tonight.

Bet Boston is glad they got rid of that bum and picked up Kemba.

Oh wait, Kemba is currently shooting 17% from the field.

Remember when the Celtics were building this dynasty because of the Nets trade.  Sure seems like a thing of the past now.  They are good but I have a hard time seeing them as a true championship contender this year.  

1 hour ago, Hart said:

Postgame commentary is all about Andre Drummond.  We have seen this before.  The problem is inevitably, things will go sour.  I do think Andre is a very good player and can be a key cog on a championship team.  But he needs two other stars around him that run the team and are the leaders so Andre can just be the third star and do his thing on the court.  I don't think that situation will ever happen for him with the Pistons.  

I did like the play where Turner rejected him and he went right back at him and scored it. Now, if would go against Embiid like that, we'll have a player!

9 hours ago, Hart said:

It's going to be nice having Rose for the 4th quarter this year.  

Hopefully his body can hold up to it.

8 hours ago, Hart said:

This reminded me I am sick of the current uniforms the Pistons wore tonight.  Time for a change.  For one thing, the Grant Hill era Teal Horse jersey should be brought back for 5-10 games a year.  

I also think it is time to bring back the wider trim around the collar and sleeves.  

Worst sentence of the season.

The colors are fine.  The fonts are fine.  The trim is fine.

Its just nice to see them wearing the standard colors as opposed to the tire track black & grays they wore last season.

Two stats that jumped off the box score for me:

Reggie:  20 Min  DRose: 27 Min

Dre: 8-10 FT  

9 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Winslow had 23 points on 8-16 shooting 1-2 from three.  5 rebounds 5 assists, 2 TO's mostly running the point.

The 10 mins I saw he looked really good.

Devin Booker, 22 points 10 assists...

15 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Devin Booker, 22 points 10 assists...

So Stanley had a DNP-CD.  The three guys this board wanted went:

Winslow - 27/7/7

Booker - 22/10

Turner -  25/9/3

Even Frank The Tank had 9 and 4.

As for the players still left on this team, Andre looked fantastic.  He looked more under control, he didn't look like an uncoordinated goof when trying to finish, he even looked good at the basket on defense.  Good start in a contract year.

Kennard shot real well and it was nice of the Pacers to leave him wide open for threes in the fourth.

Rose looked like DRose from last year.  27 minutes for him is a worry considering how often he gets hurt.

Reggie looked bad.

I wonder if the Pistons will run some lineups with Blake at the 5 this year?

6 minutes ago, Buddha said:

As for the players still left on this team, Andre looked fantastic.  He looked more under control, he didn't look like an uncoordinated goof when trying to finish, he even looked good at the basket on defense.  Good start in a contract year.

Kennard shot real well and it was nice of the Pacers to leave him wide open for threes in the fourth.

Rose looked like DRose from last year.  27 minutes for him is a worry considering how often he gets hurt.

Reggie looked bad.

I wonder if the Pistons will run some lineups with Blake at the 5 this year?

Reggie's back is clearly an issue right now. Tim Frazier will likely get a decent amount of minutes tonight.

One of Drummond's best games as a pro. To dominate in such a significant way against a team with 2 very good big-men is impressive. 

Reggie didn't look bad.  

Rose was hot and Casey went with him, just like he would do with Ish when he was hot.  

I'm surprised Wood barely got any time.  Morris/Maker weren't really tearing things up out there.

1 minute ago, Casimir said:

I'm surprised Wood barely got any time.  Morris/Maker weren't really tearing things up out there.

Ellis tweeted that Wood missed a defensive assignment and then rode the bench the rest of the night.

Not a big shocker, his defense was pretty soft in preseason too.