Casimir

10/23/2019 7:00 Detroit Pistons @ Indiana Pacers

10/23/2019 at 7:00pm

DET-2020.png IND-2020.png

Detroit Pistons (0-0) at Indiana Pacers (0-0)

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Between him and mickey we lost 47% of our posts in this forum.

What happened to Mickey anyway?

Sydney leaving was probably good for his health. Dude was blowing a gasket every other post.

Mickey was really frustrated with the politics forum and stepped away to reduce stress.  I have it in my head he also had new demands on his time, but I may be conflating that with someone else.

I don't blame him then. That's why I rarely talk politics on a chat forum or in my personal life. It just leads to debates that never go anywhere and could result in hurt feelings.

I've seen people almost get into fist fights over political disagreements (family members). It's such a stupid thing to get so worked up about.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Stanley Johnson had a DNP-CD last night.

Not surprising. Nurse publicly ripped Stanley:

On Wednesday he was asked how new arrivals Stanley Johnson and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson were fitting in. He was brutally honest.

"Nope. Nope. Nope. Those guys have not understood A) how hard we play, B) our schemes, that defense is a priority for them, etc. We've got some work to do with that crew. I tell them there's a couple spots, come Tuesday night there's a couple spots there open if somebody wants them. And I keep telling (them) show me you're going to play defense, show me you're going to play hard, show me you understand our coverages. And then whatever you do on the other end you're going to get opportunities just because of who you're on the floor with they'll come to you, you don't have to come down and occupy 95 percent of your mind with how you're going to break down and get your next shot. It's not going to get you on the floor right now. So we've got some work to do. We've got to find out who's going to blend in quickly defensively with this crew."

Win tonight for the Pistons (yes, without Blake).

The Pacers are are integrating new faces into the lineup and lost their best offensive player from last season as well. 

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

It wont be the same without @Sydney_Fife.

Figured I would stop in before the first game. Hope everyone had a great summer.

Not going to be the negative guy anymore. But this team does not excite me at all. It's basically the same faces of the last couple years playing out their contracts. Drummond, Jackson, Galloway, and still paying Josh Smith. 

I like getting Snell, Rose, Morris, Wood, and Frazier. Stefanski has done well with no resources. I am just looking forward to this summer when they finally have some room to maneuver and improve this roster. This year should be focused on player development, getting something for Drummond, and maybe possibly flipping expiring contracts for something at the deadline. This team's ceiling is the 7-8 seed and a first round sweep. I'd rather move Andre and play for next season than attempt to do that again, especially if it means running Blake into the ground.

2 hours ago, NYLion said:

What happened to Mickey anyway?

Sydney leaving was probably good for his health. Dude was blowing a gasket every other post.

Not anymore! Will be nice to be a quality member of the forum instead of the nutcase I once was.

38 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Not anymore! Will be nice to be a quality member of the forum instead of the nutcase I once was.

what?  WHAT????

I like nutcase sydney.  spices things up.

Looking forward to watching basketball again. So many good teams in the league now. A lot of parity, which has rarely been the case.

Also, definitely think it's time for Jackson to just sit in the corner and shoot. His playmaking past is long gone. It's D Rose time at the point. Also think Tim Frazier is a very serviceable third PG, something we've never had.

Obviously gotta watch his minutes and give him some regular rest, but Rose is a big upgrade on Jackson when healthy.

Stefanski has done well with no resources. Thanks for getting us in this position though, Stan. Probably a lot to do with Gores wanting to just make the playoffs, though.

Utah holding a press conference today with Silver there.  Speculation is they will be awarded a future all star game.

Somewhat shocked if that is true.  

Chicago this year, Indiana next year,  Cleveland the year after that.  Sort of figured Detroit would be next with the new stadium and all.

I wonder if the Illitch family failing to develop anything around the stadium plays a part in not getting a bid.

2 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Welcome back. Good to see you here again. The GDT's wouldn't be the same without you.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

A little shocked Luke doesn't start over Brown with Blake out.

I think we will see Reggie/Rose/Kennard/Morris/Drummond play a lot of minutes together if the offense stagnates. 

Casey seems committed to Brown being a starter and developing him, and the Rose/Kennard duo of the bench can be vicious against backups.