Sign in to follow this  
leflore

OT: mental health profession in Detroit?

I know some of you live near the mothership. Funding for my position in Minneapolis will be ending in June. My son is done with high school so we likely will be leaving the frozen tundra next Spring. Grew up in Grand Rapids and spent the 90s in Seattle. Been in Minneapolis nearly 20 years. That's enough. Thinking about Detroit. Been a mental health professional  for 30+ years, predominantly helping homeless and formerly homeless individuals and families struggling with mental health and substance use. Does anyone have knowledge of mental health employment opps in that area? I'll start doing some research. Thought I'd ask first. Danka

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leflore said:

I know some of you live near the mothership. Funding for my position in Minneapolis will be ending in June. My son is done with high school so we likely will be leaving the frozen tundra next Spring. Grew up in Grand Rapids and spent the 90s in Seattle. Been in Minneapolis nearly 20 years. That's enough. Thinking about Detroit. Been a mental health professional  for 30+ years, predominantly helping homeless and formerly homeless individuals and families struggling with mental health and substance use. Does anyone have knowledge of mental health employment opps in that area? I'll start doing some research. Thought I'd ask first. Danka

Best wishes on your relocation efforts.

As Yogi might say:  'Baseball is 90% physical health ..and the other half is mental health.'

7 hours ago, leflore said:

I can’t help you out at all but I am grateful to know that you’re one of the people who can do or will do the sorts of things that most other people can’t do or would never consider doing. Thank you. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

email me at spence92@yahoo.com

Thanks - email sent from papalawrence@yahoo.com